Who Keeps Quail??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now the work starts, although they are easier than pheasants, [ a soon as they are out of the shell all they want to do is die ] i once did a couple of hundred in a incubator and one of the kids o

I think mine liked the fact they where just left alone.and that they couldn't see outside people going past dogs ect.there's windows and plenty of light but high walls.i have shavings floor,few small

I know they taste nice,lol but so do bantams eggs and they are easier to keep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chicks hatched over the weekend. Fantastic hatch rate and fertility from a seller on ebay.really pleased and couldn't recommend the seller enough. I've ended up with around 240 chicks from 300 eggs

And now the work starts, although they are easier than pheasants, [ a soon as they are out of the shell all they want to do is die ] i once did a couple of hundred in a incubator and one of the kids opened the door after they had hatched, it was like a swarm of bumble bees all over the kitchen, it took about 3 hrs to catch them all again but it was a laugh.

Good luck with them

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Chicks hatched over the weekend. Fantastic hatch rate and fertility from a seller on ebay.really pleased and couldn't recommend the seller enough. I've ended up with around 240 chicks from 300 eggs

80% hatch rate is good for that source.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...