Jobs How Hard

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you got no qulaifications get yourself to college, if you're skint sign on and get it payed for. I'd rather my tax money went into funding a british lads education leading back into work than feedi

I am totally unemployable to a firm and have been most of my life, I have raised three kids put one through uni, bought a house own several vehicles and live a relatively comfy life, the answer is ju

When i was 17 i worked on a sewing machine. Surrounded by 20 women. Sewing knickers lol. I was sewing the elastic on around the twat area. Feck i had some shit from the women lol.

There's jobs out there. It if you got no qualification and no skills there ain't much demand sorry mate.

What can you do that someone else can't ?

very good point that, :thumbs:

Glad someone agrees, it ain't a dig at the OP but a genuine question. Some people don't get on well at school etc, but if you were an employer would you give a job you needed filling to someone who's got a load of qualification, proving they can count, read, write etc , or take a chance on someone who don't have any and hope they can do all those things ?

A lot of people complain they can't get a job but don't put much work in to get one.

Even if not qualified you can do small course, volunteer, learn skills that lead to work. I've volunteered loads of places, done unpaid internships and that and it's led to top experience and work paying £11-15 an hour , not bad for a student at the moment.

I didn't leave school with much cos wasn't interested at the time, more interested in rugby, beer and getting my leg over. Had to struggle doing an access course but hopefully next summer will be leaving uni with a degree and into a decent job. And I've worked flat out, on a few occasions having 2 jobs whilst studying full time. It ain't easy but it'll put me a step above other candidates for jobs that's for sure! Your never too old to go train or learn a skill!

spot on, :thumbs: now i tell you how it can go wrong , i am 64 now yeh old fart lol, worked near all my life as a manual worker, thats at local brewery ,factories ,and on building sites . i hurt my back in 1982 , had couple slipped dics back then, because i was younger you heal, and get back to work.i got a job at local brewery was there 23 years, but my back started to get worse, as ive said on here lots of times regards bad backs. i had to finish work at 50, but the brewery done a deal with me and got a low wage just bit better than the dole, plus my wife had good job, so we just about survived . my injury is w/t from digging,on sites, and man handling 3000 kegs a day.. ive got a 29 year old son, and i told him for god sake get a education which he did , got a degree at uni , and now jot a good job working on pensions in a office , he wont end up like me a bloke with little education , and now i get bad sicita a trapped nerve in my lower back, as i type this the pain there 24/7 iam just about getting through the day, and just about taking my dogs out to empty out, when your in pain all the while its murder :censored: .i was told back then from doctors it back injury from the work ive done, if only i would learned bit more at school, and got a better type job, i wouldnt have ended up a feckin crippled back like now. manual workers are 10 /a /penny, low wages immigrants etc, why end up like that :hmm: i say to any person young or old try to better your self and get the best job out there try to learn a skill something you never thought of before , like it said on here show a employer you got something to offer them :yes:
I fully agree but over here it's not what you know it's who you know, I know of men who are academically very poor but have got great paying jobs, 60k plus...

Of course you should aim to have a great education first and foremost but what about these laborious jobs? Someone has to do it.

And if you want to do a labourius job.do it.if you dont want to dont.

Learn.train.etc and do something else.

If you keep doing what you allways have.

Youll only have'what youve allways had.

Yes I know but in the industries I've been in arse licking gets you futher than any qualification. It's usually the idle folk who can't do the job properly who get the cushty jobs

• Like 2

There's jobs out there. It if you got no qualification and no skills there ain't much demand sorry mate.

Glad someone agrees, it ain't a dig at the OP but a genuine question. Some people don't get on well at school etc, but if you were an employer would you give a job you needed filling to someone who's got a load of qualification, proving they can count, read, write etc , or take a chance on someone who don't have any and hope they can do all those things ?

A lot of people complain they can't get a job but don't put much work in to get one.

Even if not qualified you can do small course, volunteer, learn skills that lead to work. I've volunteered loads of places, done unpaid internships and that and it's led to top experience and work paying £11-15 an hour , not bad for a student at the moment.

I didn't leave school with much cos wasn't interested at the time, more interested in rugby, beer and getting my leg over. Had to struggle doing an access course but hopefully next summer will be leaving uni with a degree and into a decent job. And I've worked flat out, on a few occasions having 2 jobs whilst studying full time. It ain't easy but it'll put me a step above other candidates for jobs that's for sure! Your never too old to go train or learn a skill!

spot on, :thumbs: now i tell you how it can go wrong , i am 64 now yeh old fart lol, worked near all my life as a manual worker, thats at local brewery ,factories ,and on building sites . i hurt my back in 1982 , had couple slipped dics back then, because i was younger you heal, and get back to work.i got a job at local brewery was there 23 years, but my back started to get worse, as ive said on here lots of times regards bad backs. i had to finish work at 50, but the brewery done a deal with me and got a low wage just bit better than the dole, plus my wife had good job, so we just about survived . my injury is w/t from digging,on sites, and man handling 3000 kegs a day.. ive got a 29 year old son, and i told him for god sake get a education which he did , got a degree at uni , and now jot a good job working on pensions in a office , he wont end up like me a bloke with little education , and now i get bad sicita a trapped nerve in my lower back, as i type this the pain there 24/7 iam just about getting through the day, and just about taking my dogs out to empty out, when your in pain all the while its murder :censored: .i was told back then from doctors it back injury from the work ive done, if only i would learned bit more at school, and got a better type job, i wouldnt have ended up a feckin crippled back like now. manual workers are 10 /a /penny, low wages immigrants etc, why end up like that :hmm: i say to any person young or old try to better your self and get the best job out there try to learn a skill something you never thought of before , like it said on here show a employer you got something to offer them :yes:
I fully agree but over here it's not what you know it's who you know, I know of men who are academically very poor but have got great paying jobs, 60k plus...

Of course you should aim to have a great education first and foremost but what about these laborious jobs? Someone has to do it.

Yes I know but in the industries I've been in arse licking gets you futher than any qualification. It's usually the idle folk who can't do the job properly who get the cushty jobs

Thats 1 thing ive never ever done is arse licking in work.

Feck that nonsence.

Thats 1 thing ive never ever done is arse licking in work.

Feck that nonsence.

Neither have I pal and it could have gotten me in places if I creeped around people.

Problem with most half decent formal jobs these days is every c**t is over qualified due to the amount of bullshit degrees that people now have. If you ain't got anything formal you're better off looking for work using your social circle or in the pub. Most jobs I've had have been through word of mouth or just plain going into somewhere and asking for work.

If you got no qulaifications get yourself to college, if you're skint sign on and get it payed for. I'd rather my tax money went into funding a british lads education leading back into work than feeding some raghead c**ts that hate our way of life.

• Like 7

I am totally unemployable to a firm and have been most of my life, I have raised three kids put one through uni, bought a house own several vehicles and live a relatively comfy life, the answer is just hard graft, if your not shy of work you will be ok, I have a tipper I collect scrap in, I sell shit on eBay, I do plastering, and work a day a week in a scaffolding yard clearing up and greasing fittings, I,m in my mid 50,s and the last proper job I had was in 93 for two years, if your a cleaner get some flyers printed and go cleaning, all you need is a Henry, some polish and a rocket up your ass

I too am in the scrap game but when I started up I bought a old van went collecting made money bought newer van got yard etc. but that was years ago now the guy would need to get licence from sepa for collecting scrap etc to be on right side of law etc, need money to make money a lot of folk now won't employ folk with out the proper liabilty insurance or proper companys due to many cowboys this goverment doesn't want folk to be on benefits, but don't exactly make it easy for guys to do start up as the want to get money I mean when u buy carriers bags from shop the governments get the vat on them so they still make money on something for charity feel sorry for the guy not easy uk gone to the dogs !!!!!