Best Lamp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten yea

Reminds me of the old days when I would pinch a spotlight off the front of an old xr3i and sellotape a plant pot to the front lol

Striker if your on small medium fields blitz if on big open arable land New led lamps av piss poor pencil beams Old trusty lightforce will not let you down My opinion mate atb

Posted Images

Striker if your on small medium fields blitz if on big open arable land New led lamps av piss poor pencil beams Old trusty lightforce will not let you down My opinion mate atb

Which of the new LED lamps have you tried fella? I've got 3 and 2 of them haven't got pencil beams. One is too wide for me.

I've bought 4 different ones none were worth a mention. Not next to my blitz but then what would you expect for the money. Plus I prefer the halogen light as aposed to the horrible bluey white led As I said just my opinion Be like a tradesman using cheap tools. Theyl work but each to there own. Am-tech tools or Snap on tools Ino what i invest my wages on

• Like 2

Striker n blits are good lamps but I've had nothing but trouble with the variable striker.

Them handheld ones are ok plr500 beam is narrow not so good for running dogs unless your on big flat ground. Dl100 is an ok lamp but mine burnt out so in the end I decided to get a decent battery and striker. Happy with it when it works ok just not so pleased with the wiring. Best of luck whatever you choose ??

I've bought 4 different ones none were worth a mention. Not next to my blitz but then what would you expect for the money. Plus I prefer the halogen light as aposed to the horrible bluey white led As I said just my opinion Be like a tradesman using cheap tools. Theyl work but each to there own. Am-tech tools or Snap on tools Ino what i invest my wages on

Plenty of lads have posted on here about lightforce letting them down. Lightforce don't quite compare to snap on tools. Lol.

The DL120 is a very good beam. The DL170 corded is reported to be even better. You could buy 3 of them for the price of a Lightforce and take a spare out with you. When your lightforce packs in its lamping over. I've always got a couple of LED lamps with me.

Just another option for the lad asking.

Iv never rated variable lamps personaly never see the need for rabbiting with dogs. 1 of the hand held led lamps I bought was the plr500. Don't rate it a lot. Buffalo river was a pile of sh"". I burnt the deben out and I bought the other second hand but brand new in box off a lad that bought a pair of them. Again not my cup of tea. I like the fact of no wires but I've lamped for ever with a battery so why need a change now? Plus I can put a good shift in and my lamp not run out atb

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten year old I've changed the coiled lead once due to cutting original in half coser the lead was hanging out the boot other then that no issue at all. Not looking to punt a sales pitch by any means I just don't like seen lads waste there money and again In my opinion them led lamps are poor for a lamper that does a bit . Ok if your out an hour or 2 a week I suppose.

Edited by cold pint
  • Like 6

Nearly ready to go lamping and wanted to no what's the best lamp

What type of land do you lamp ? Big fields small fields ? Do you need a battery with your lamp ? Do you go out for hours or short trips bit of info and the lads can give their opinions mate ?

I've had lightforce for years Gav the way you posted implys there poor lamps. I beg to differ how many seasons has your led lamp done mate just out intrest. I've a lightforce here that's about ten year old I've changed the coiled lead once due to cutting original in half coser the lead was hanging out the boot other then that no issue at all. Not looking to punt a sales pitch by any means I just don't like seen lads waste there money and again In my opinion them led lamps are poor for a lamper that does a bit . Ok if your out an hour or 2 a week I suppose.

Agreed ... had my lightforce striker 8 yrs still going strong.

• Like 1