Sign in to follow this  
THE STALKER

Lost My Appeal

id take the appeal to the high courts of justice london mate,you can appeal the high court decision usually costs around £5000

id take the appeal to the high courts of justice london mate,you can appeal the high court decision usually costs around £5000

Oh is that all spent that already!!

You know what scares me about this you lost your ticket because somebody stole six or so rounds out your jeep ?

So your out lamping one night with a 22 rimmy shooting out the window you get a jam work the bolt eject the round and it lands down the side of the drivers seat it could happen a couple time you forget about them at the end of the night , somebody breaks into your vehicle and gets those rounds we could all loose or tickets ?

• Like 1

You know what scares me about this you lost your ticket because somebody stole six or so rounds out your jeep ?

So your out lamping one night with a 22 rimmy shooting out the window you get a jam work the bolt eject the round and it lands down the side of the drivers seat it could happen a couple time you forget about them at the end of the night , somebody breaks into your vehicle and gets those rounds we could all loose or tickets ?

yes can happen a guy in the next villiage got stoped got out of his van police shon tourch on the drivers side floor and hay ho theres a 22 shell on the floor he lost his ticket going back abit now

Well here's one for you, I got a criminal conviction for possession of unlicensed ammunition about 20 year back, lamping with a keeper mate of mine on his place, they were over run with rabbits, so we went one night in my truck (as we regularly did) I drove and lamped, he shot out the passengers window.

Next day a copper was stood by my truck when I opened the passenger door and he noticed a few spent cases, got all excited, started looking and found a box down the side of the seat, the keeper had inadvertently left/dropped them, and when we finished at 3am we called it a night, we didn't "search" the truck, I got dragged to court for possession, they got a warrant and searched my house but obviously I didn't have the gun to go with them, gave my statement to them, my keeper mate got in touch with them to also give a statement and let them know they were indeed his left behind, and that I knew nothing about it, they invited him to the station to collect the ammo, which he duly did, they didn't even take a statement, let alone question him, I got done, fined and suspended sentence also including community service !

That stays with me for life, and taught me a lesson not to use my truck, or search the damn thing afterwards in case anything has been dropped.

I feel for Owen, I mean honestly, how can a locked, alarmed truck not be classed as secure ? I know houses that ain't as secure ! You can't surely predict all criminal activity can you, where do you actually draw the line, in black and white, does it state they MUST be locked in a cabinet at all times ? I think it states they must be SECURE at all times, the problem must be that "secure" is subject to interpretation.

• Like 3

Haven't posted for a while but remember the original thread and all I can say Stalker is I am absolutely gutted for you.

If anything, it is a lesson to us all never to tell the police if you have made any little mistakes, as they will use them to screw you. (how wrong is that?????)

Like most I was always brought up to be as truthful to the police as possible, but it does make you stop and think if it's now worth it if they are going to use your own lawful demeanour to prosecute you.

G

Very sorry to hear this ridiculous decision. If a similar theft happens to to anyone else it looks like the best think to do is say nothing.

Well everyone to their own, I don't Blame Mr Cox A&S firearms officer as he had a job to do and he has a boss to please i would of thought to anyone in my position should have a good bollicking and a warning letter to go on record.I really don't think the courts findings against me has done a lot of good for the British public infact their lives could be put in more danger now as i see it. If bullets get stolen and reported to the Police and lets face they always are going to go missing with breakins or robberies, the police will know how many and what caliber they are looking for, but if the person who loses them do report it and face the same as i did will they report it?.Regardless if the law says they should, if they don't report it that means there are bullets out on the street which Police no nothing about and as i see it that puts the public in danger just my opinion.

True that, not very intelligent for them to prosecute. Who now in their right mind is going to report 6 stolen rounds? Bravo OB... :blink:

• Like 1

Unforseen consequences:a man tells the truth & ends up in a world of shit. Unforseen consequences:next man (or men) see result & are "careful" in reporting the truth.A result in favour of public safety or any possible gain from this decision ????????. As an obviously honest man who made an honest mistake and lost to a possibly 1m to 1 chance of any "complications" arising:you have my full support/sympathy.As an aside the legal system appears to work well for the rich/ethnic minorities etc. but does little for those of limited means trapped in the middle.

• Like 3

Unforseen consequences:a man tells the truth & ends up in a world of shit. Unforseen consequences:next man (or men) see result & are "careful" in reporting the truth.A result in favour of public safety or any possible gain from this decision ????????. As an obviously honest man who made an honest mistake and lost to a possibly 1m to 1 chance of any "complications" arising:you have my full support/sympathy.As an aside the legal system appears to work well for the rich/ethnic minorities etc. but does little for those of limited means trapped in the middle.

Yes it was the right thing to do with the wrong result.

• Like 1