Sign in to follow this  
THE STALKER

Lost My Appeal

Did they recover the stolen truck and find the ammo in there....??....or did you tell them they were in there....??

SINDASOX

told the truth my truck wasn't stolen the ammo was

Hi Owen - really sorry to hear of this. :censored: Very harsh decision, am totally gutted for you as I know how much you love your shooting.

The only thing I can say is keep your nose clean and see if you can re-apply after a period of time. (I dont know what the law is on that)

Damn sorry to hear this. Stay in here and let us know of your other outings. Really enjoy yours posts - Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Andrew

• Like 2

Hi Owen - really sorry to hear of this. :censored: Very harsh decision, am totally gutted for you as I know how much you love your shooting.

The only thing I can say is keep your nose clean and see if you can re-apply after a period of time. (I dont know what the law is on that)

Damn sorry to hear this. Stay in here and let us know of your other outings. Really enjoy yours posts - Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Andrew

I think 3 years min before i can apply again..

Edited by THE STALKER

Andrew

I think 3 years min before i can apply again..

For what it's worth Owen, a similar thing happened to a friend of mine years ago, he did get his licence again albeit 5 years later, but in that 5 years he never lost his passion as he was still out shooting regular using his pals rifles. No doubt you will enough good folk around you with rifles to keep you busy.

Good luck with what ever you decide. ATB........Del

Very sorry to hear this ridiculous decision. If a similar theft happens to to anyone else it looks like the best think to do is say nothing.

Was that an appeal at crown court or the high court of justice

Crown court

Can you not take it to the hight court? I know they can if they lose at crown

I wonder what that would cost ??

You would get a London based barrister to do it for £500 or less. With legal aid being cut there is less work around and still a lot of mouths to feed. You have pm.

You would get a London based barrister to do it for £500 or less. With legal aid being cut there is less work around and still a lot of mouths to feed. You have pm.

I would imagine that to be unlikely, I was quoted £3500-4500 for mine and that was crown.

A one off hearing mate won't cost that much unless you are paying for a so called topnotch counsel.....or if someone is having your trousers down....

A one off hearing mate won't cost that much unless you are paying for a so called topnotch counsel.....or if someone is having your trousers down....

Well in fairness mate he is respected as been top of his game when it comes to challenging police in all matters firearms !

Trouble is it is never a one off hearing, they need to know background on everything, see all the defence paperwork, it takes time and meetings, letters and phone calls, to build a proper case, not just a man turning up at court and spending ten minutes in a room with you.

Or perhaps like you say, he was just having my pants down, let's face it, seems to be a lot of what our system is about now a days

I'll say no more Rabid.......the court process is often over complicated and daunting at first glance....

Atb.

Really sorry to hear this Owen - I know we had a difference of opinion recently but your passion for the sport could never be doubted and I'm really gutted that this has happened to you. You must be devastated - I know I would be. Don't give up though - Keep your permissions ticking over by sharing your experience like you have been and if there's any justice in the world you'll have the ticket back soon. So much for justice.

I'll say no more Rabid.......the court process is often over complicated and daunting at first glance....

Atb.

True.

Well I for one would chuck a few quid in the pot for Owen if he has a chance.

• Like 2

i know a man who fought it in court long story but it cost 10k in baraster fees .. he and about 12 months with his rifles in police property he did get them back and still has them today but it was touch ang go as to himgetting them back