68 replies to this topic

#1 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:59 am

Yesterday 7th October i went to Crown Court and lost my Appeal over the revocation of my shot /firearms tickets as most will know i had my Truck broken into back in April and had 6 x 243 rounds stolen they were well hidden and my Truck was locked and alarmed, but in court  told me i was reckless and not fit to hold either a firearm or shotgun ticket because i am a danger to the public and could cause a breach of the peace i also had £300 cost against me.

I would just like to say i have met a good few people on this and other Forums that have followed this case with interest so i am letting you know the out come and to say thank you for being there  along the ride with me and to all the one's that wished me luck, It seems now i have to step down from my shooting activities but i will still be around so if any of you has a day when you could fit me in for a stalk you know where i am but i would have to use your Rifle,i will try to hold on to most of my Permissions as some of the Farmers are friends and i have known for 30 years plus,i will also only be to pleased if any of you Guys want to come to me for a bit of Rabbit,crow ,Pigeon shooting or the odd Roe Stalk.

I hope most of you have enjoyed the posts and Pictures and stories  i have posted along the way as i have enjoyed also the ones i have read from you guys, so i am now going to bow out of my normal sporting ways and try to find some thing else to fill my days to say i am gutted about losing my tickets is an understatement but i guess that's life.

A big thank you again to all the guys i have met along the way and remember stay safe stay lucky enjoy your shooting activities and always be careful what you do with your guns and ammo dont end up feeling like i do today.. :bad: .All the best .... Owen

• micky, bob.243, Snifferboy and 2 others like this

#2 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:26 am

Gutted for you Owen ,.a little mistake brought to life by a thieving low life has cost you your life time interest while forty years unblemished gun ownership seems to be worthless ...a slap on the wrist was all that was needed not the full weight of a clearly anti fao and his chief constsble ...the piece of low life scum mean while walks away with not a care in the world , just another nights work for him ....

I wonder how many lost or stolen rifle rounds have actually ever been used in crime ? .... don't ever recall any one robbing a bank with a sawn of 6.5x55 ai .....sad day mate ..
  • foxdropper likes this

#3 bell

bell

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:01 am

Yet another classic example of British justice in the courts, the good guys getting shafted whilst the bad guys walk......
Can you not appeal the decision ?.......... All the best mate
  • dytkos likes this

#4 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:51 am

Gutted for you Owen ,.a little mistake brought to life by a thieving low life has cost you your life time interest while forty years unblemished gun ownership seems to be worthless ...a slap on the wrist was all that was needed not the full weight of a clearly anti fao and his chief constsble ...the piece of low life scum mean while walks away with not a care in the world , just another nights work for him ....

I wonder how many lost or stolen rifle rounds have actually ever been used in crime ? .... don't ever recall any one robbing a bank with a sawn of 6.5x55 ai .....sad day mate ..

Rich even the police prosecutor came to me after wards and said sorry about that it was a harsh decision .

#5 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:52 am

Yet another classic example of British justice in the courts, the good guys getting shafted whilst the bad guys walk......
Can you not appeal the decision ?.......... All the best mate

That was an appeal.

#6 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,707 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:08 am

Jesus Owen. That's rough and IMO completely the wrong decision. Boils my piss.

Chin up mate, I'm sure the lads will be over to take you out shooting still.

Atb. 

#7 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:40 am

Sad news mate did you go it alone or with one of the shooting based lawyers 

• THE STALKER likes this

#8 donnyc

donnyc

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:51 am

Was that an appeal at crown court or the high court of justice

#9 jok

jok

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:02 am

Doesn't get any worse mate. ATB in whichever pursuit you take. Jok.
  • THE STALKER likes this

#10 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:16 am

Thats shocking and is just an excuse to remove more guns for public ownership.

Oh well mate, they have forced your hand, just go out and get yourself 2 Saluki cross lurchers. Not like they can take your tickets away for coursing deer is it ?  :laugh:

• Born Hunter, Giro, THE STALKER and 1 other like this

#11 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,609 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:25 am

how long will it last for, before you can apply  to use a gun .? or is it a  never .  :cray:

#12 low plains drifter

low plains drifter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:15 am

Thats shocking and is just an excuse to remove more guns for public ownership.

Oh well mate, they have forced your hand, just go out and get yourself 2 Saluki cross lurchers. Not like they can take your tickets away for coursing deer is it ?  :laugh:

Just what I was thinking, a decent running dog is a gun and a dog rolled into one, and if you have access to plenty of permission the world is your lobster

#13 The Seeker

The Seeker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:16 am

Bloody hell mate that is terrible, thanks for sharing this, I would never believe that having 6 rounds stolen would result in such a serious outcome.

Sledge hammer to crack a walnut springs to mind

All the very best.
  • charlie caller likes this

#14 SINDASOX

SINDASOX

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:48 am

Did they recover the stolen truck and find the ammo in there....??....or did you tell them they were in there....??

SINDASOX

#15 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:07 am

Was that an appeal at crown court or the high court of justice

Crown court

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users