Nip Drowned

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed out with a mate to the geese this morning with Nip and my mates lab Rowen ....we could hear plenty of ducks and geese in the darkness ....got the duck deeks set out in the water and got ourselv

I hear what you are saying Timmy but if it happened 100 times again I would do the exact same thing ...there is no as I could watch the dog dyeing in front of me without trying to safe him and like I

Morning lads ...the wee dog is looking a lot brighter this morning ...I jabbed him yesterday and he's on a course of anti biopics .... he spent most of the day curled up at the fire I took him out wit

I hear what you are saying Timmy but if it happened 100 times again I would do the exact same thing ...there is no as I could watch the dog dyeing in front of me without trying to safe him and like I say if any of you were in that situation you would do the same the adrenalin just kicks in and you just do what you've got to do ....

The little f****r is on the mend anyway I bought a pint of milk and a bacon and egg roll for my dinner ...he was sitting of the passenger seat of my truck while I was doing my rounds checking traps and feeding pheasants and I stopped to speak to the ghillie on the river I fish ,he asked how he was doing I said he is a lot better told the lads that were salmon fishing in the lodge the story they said to bring him into the lodge

Went to get him and he ha scoft the roll and has chewed to milk carton and was drinking it ...lol. Normally he would of got a boot in the balls ....but I clapped his head and said glad you are getting back to normal lad ...lol

Can't beat a breakfast roll ,make you feel better pmsl.

Well done mate, a good few year back I was walking around the river wear when I heard a couple panicking an shouting for there dog to come in, when I got there you could see the dog was in trouble, we used to go in the river every summer when we were youngings a seen a few body's get dragged out over the years, the river was up an I can rembeber been 50/50 what to do, in the end I thought f**k it as I new the dog wouldn't make it, I got to the dog ok but f**k me it was a struggle getting back in I can remember at one point thinking am f****d here that's me,, but when in situations like that ya seem to get the strength from no were an it wasn't even my dam dog,, but I no were your coming from mate if it was one of mine ad be straight in aswell

• Like 1

What a difference in him ....I was busy all day making dog mince then a bit of salmon fishing before dark so didn't have much time to walk the hounds today so gave them a few miles behind the truck ...let them out the back and Nip was away hunting cover ...thought I'd only give him a single lap round the field but he ran with the rest of them ..I will just keep pumping the anti biotic into him and keep an eye on him ....these litte dogs are bomb proof

• Like 1

Had an uncomfortable long walk back to the car and drive home once late in Oct. Fecking wee jack russell sank like a stone in a reservoir when I chucked her in to clean her off of all the mud and shoite. All the other dogs went in and out on command no worries.. normal res so 50-55deg drop into the water so a meter out is quite deep to a wee jack. She was refusing, so I plopped her in and the dick just went under. The ex starts screaming "oooh quick do something" so I stepped in up to me bollocks and ended up up to me stomach. Not a nice experience.... always put the lead on an insecure dog in water now.

Incedently I take this tit into the sea with a lead on swimming and fuuck me can it be difficult swimming with him.... he swims like a mong kid in a ballpit ?

• Like 2

I hear what you are saying Timmy but if it happened 100 times again I would do the exact same thing ...there is no as I could watch the dog dyeing in front of me without trying to safe him and like I say if any of you were in that situation you would do the same the adrenalin just kicks in and you just do what you've got to do ....

The little f****r is on the mend anyway I bought a pint of milk and a bacon and egg roll for my dinner ...he was sitting of the passenger seat of my truck while I was doing my rounds checking traps and feeding pheasants and I stopped to speak to the ghillie on the river I fish ,he asked how he was doing I said he is a lot better told the lads that were salmon fishing in the lodge the story they said to bring him into the lodge

Went to get him and he ha scoft the roll and has chewed to milk carton and was drinking it ...lol. Normally he would of got a boot in the balls ....but I clapped his head and said glad you are getting back to normal lad ...lol

i done the same for my Jack Russell, was walking across a causeway with him when the algae covered lake which looked like a bowling green looked better for him, he jumped onto it mid causeway straight through it, he tried to swim but it was too thick, seen him in big trouble so I jumped in after him up to my chest, seen the algae moving and grabbed him and held him up out of it. My mate was laughing as it was mid winter and thought it was funny. I certainly didn't . Was a jog back to the car to keep warm with dog unde my arm to get the heater on, bout a week later he was just fine and is still alive today at nearly 14 yrs old. He's been an absolute cracking dog to own. Great busher when younger and loved going shooting and fishing and ratting. Loved kids too. A normal day can turn bad very quickly and unexpectedly.
  • Like 1