Nip Drowned

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed out with a mate to the geese this morning with Nip and my mates lab Rowen ....we could hear plenty of ducks and geese in the darkness ....got the duck deeks set out in the water and got ourselv

I hear what you are saying Timmy but if it happened 100 times again I would do the exact same thing ...there is no as I could watch the dog dyeing in front of me without trying to safe him and like I

Morning lads ...the wee dog is looking a lot brighter this morning ...I jabbed him yesterday and he's on a course of anti biopics .... he spent most of the day curled up at the fire I took him out wit

Jesus mate I was nearly crying half way through that . Poor little f****r . Top man for diving in and saving the dog that takes some doing . And that tide swimming back in is f***ing hard work . Feels like your just not getting anywhere doesn't it . And your bang on about keeping going when trying to bring them back round . I had it with my dog he had suffocated in clay when I got to him he'd had is last shit . I worked on him for 5 plus minutes and give up pissed off and my mate said his eyes just twitched so I went at it again and he came back round . All I will say though mik is it took him about 8/9 months to get back to normal I think it was the lack of oxygen knocked him for six . Just wasn't him Sen at all and I thought I'd never dog to him again . I don't think he ever made it back to 100 percent . But he still give us plenty of good years . Hope he pull through and give ya Sen a pat on the back for having the balls to jump in and get to him .

Like everyone else when I read the title I thought please no, we have all been following your previous threads and was so relieved when all was ok. Similar thing happened to me and a friend duck shooting on a swollen river though, his spaniel was being carried away and no amount of shouting would encourage her to let the duck go, eventually she tired and both of us were in thank God another happy ending. Once again I am so relieved the little tyke is ok ATB

MIK, I've been following your write ups with this dog and been very impressed. People tend to pigeon hole breeds and types into what they can and can't do. I've had digging bred terriers in the past that have become competent in work that most would think they're not capable of. Today though I didn't think that I was going to enjoy your write up after reading the title. I'm so pleased that I was wrong.

For once I hope that our critics are following this post. The "animal lovers" who despise us. Their love of animals doesn't appear to extend to working terriers as they seem to have no problem killing healthy dogs when they get their hands on them. I don't think that I'm being over dramatic by saying that you risked your own life by saving the life of your working terrier. All without the aide of a Risk Assessment. Would they have ? WELL DONE THAT MAN !

• Like 8

The problem with the antis is they're people haters rather than animal lovers. They're total nutcases that do anything to disrupt society be it building wind farms, laying new train tracks, fox hunting etc the list goes on. There is no reasoning with such people so trying to get on their wavelength is a waste of time.

• Like 1

Good on you Mik ,proper made up for you.Could so easily have gone the other way if you hadn't grabbed him when you did ,

Years ago when beating on local estate in the grip of a bad winter one of the pickers up sent his spaniel out on to the frozen lake to retrieve a pheasant .The ice was white not clear like thick ice and the spaniel went through only yards from the bank .Unfortunately it struggled itself out under the ice and away from the bank .We never saw it again though the owner and a few more stayed there most the day .I was only a teenager but I wondered then why no one jumped in especially the owner ,I'm sure we could of saved dog between us .You are made of sterner stuff mate and deserve the praise you are getting ,

• Like 5