Just finsihed building a shed and dog pens for a lad I know. The shed is 14x10 ft with 3 windows and double doors ( I think he's moving into it lol ) and the pens have a rear walkway that have the boxes inside threw the 4 holes left out in the front facing wall. Pretty basic design, there's over 500 block in it. Thing is I haven't been building in a few years and I wouldn't be up to date with today's prices so I just thought id ask what the gong rate is at the min. Ps. I done all the work myself no labourer or anyone else helping.

If it's a mate I'd not price it but ask for a reasonable day rate.100 mm blocks are about 12£ per metre,so kennels bieng small runs with lots of cuts its hard to earn on price.pointed both sides is a pain too.all saw cuts for neatness of course

If it's a mate I'd not price it but ask for a reasonable day rate.100 mm blocks are about 12£ per metre,so kennels bieng small runs with lots of cuts its hard to earn on price.pointed both sides is a pain too.all saw cuts for neatness of course

The wall with the holes for boxes was originally only ment to one course high to stop the splash of washing pens out. I told him he should build it higher and do it right but he didn't listen. Then when I was finished he decide to do what I had suggested, hence why it isn't tied into the pillar or other wall. It's not weight bearing so should be grand.

post-75008-0-26481800-1475184394_thumb.jpg

That's what I thought, tough going when your not at it all the time. He's in two minds whether to put tin on it or some other type of stuff he was mumbling on about. I'm out of there that's the main thing lol.

tell him long as it's not clear roof anything else would be fine, clear has greenhouse effect in summer, ya prob already knew that lol. Good job mate

No mate he's not putting a clear roof on anyway only shed and walkway will be roof, a row of 4 galvanised pens will be on the concreted part so plenty of air and light for them so when it's warm they can lie out. Boxes will have lids for easy cleaning and extra ventilation if needed.