Zero In, Tuning In Your Air Rifle Sights Ect....

Just a thought but, if you're struggling with the vision, have you adjusted the eyepiece on your scope?

yes iv got it now, to about a size of a 10 pence piece, other than that, with the scopes i have theres no way on earth that anyone could hit a pellet sized target from 40 metres away, if im wrong then please proove it ( not to be a show off....but to proove me wrong) thanks, ATB FT

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

iv zero'd it in at 35 yards...... im spot on, much appriciated .... thanks guys, ill show you my set up soon as i get my lead to my laptop ect... ATB ..FT

Practice is all it comes down to mate   ask viz at first when i came back into shooting after 20 odd years i could not hit a barn door if i chucked the rifle at it lol   right if you can put up wi

You might as well chuck 20 quid down the drain if you reckon a scope that cheap will perform like one costing at least 5 times as much. Sounds like you really could do with a helping hand sat next to

Posted Images

Just a thought but, if you're struggling with the vision, have you adjusted the eyepiece on your scope?

yes iv got it now, to about a size of a 10 pence piece, other than that, with the scopes i have theres no way on earth that anyone could hit a pellet sized target from 40 metres away, if im wrong then please proove it ( not to be a show off....but to proove me wrong) thanks, ATB FT

Where are you? Would it be possible for you to come to swindon, Wiltshire one Saturday?

There's a cuppa and a good days shooting waiting :)

They can my old. Just check YouTube. If people can hit a 5p coin 9 out of 10 x at 40 yards then putting in one hole groups out to 50 - 60 yards is possible.

I wonder if we're missing the point. Is FT asking how people can get close grouping, or how they can see a target that's pellet sized at 40 yards?

3 points:

If it's the second option, it's simple. The target isn't pellet sized.

A 3-9x56 or 3-9x40 scope have exactly the same magnification.

Why try to zero an airgun at 40 yards?

what im trying to say is at 40 metres away, can ANYONE with a 3-9x56 scope hit a pellet sized target at that 40 metres away ? litrally pellet size ! i can hit it a 5 pence piece at that way away, but can anyone with these scopes hit a pellet sized....target, with my scopes 3-9x56 ........? good luck ! .....took me over 200 pellets to get it right !......

I wonder if we're missing the point. Is FT asking how people can get close grouping, or how they can see a target that's pellet sized at 40 yards?

3 points:

If it's the second option, it's simple. The target isn't pellet sized.

A 3-9x56 or 3-9x40 scope have exactly the same magnification.

Why try to zero an airgun at 40 yards?

yes its impossible to see the target at that range ! with these scopes ! please can someone proove me wrong,? i dout it! i need a better scope ect ! but what im saying is can anyone with my scopes hit a pellet sized target ? ( nope) already tried! lol......................as i said i need better scopes !, cheers guys, P.S iv got mine spot on at 35 -40 metres away ! ATB FT

RIFLE

DAYSTATE AIR WOLF 177

DISTANCE

60MTRS

TARGET

10M BOLT HEADS

TWO MAGS

MISS

NONE HIT EVERY TIME

WITNESS

DAVID EVANS

not the same scopes as yours but still a good distance

hears one for you try this

RIFLE

STROGUER 177

TARGET

10M BOLT HEADS

10 SHOTS

DISTANCE

60MTRYS

HIT 8 OUT OF TEN

SHOOTER

LITTLE HUNTER

AGE AT TIME

10YRS

SCOPE

NONE /OPEN SITE RIFLE

WITNESS

DAVID EVANS /VIZLAUK

an air rifle is capable of a lot more than you think :yes:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-14338200-1478152934.jpg

post-63400-0-01077100-1478152943.jpg

post-63400-0-51671700-1478152968.jpg

post-63400-0-92683400-1478153011.jpg

• Like 1

what im trying to say is at 40 metres away, can ANYONE with a 3-9x56 scope hit a pellet sized target at that 40 metres away ? litrally pellet size ! i can hit it a 5 pence piece at that way away, but can anyone with these scopes hit a pellet sized....target, with my scopes 3-9x56 ........? good luck ! .....took me over 200 pellets to get it right !......

I still don't get you. Who uses a pellet sized target?

Pellet on pellet into the same hole as the first shot? Yep, I have spring rifles that can honestly do that at 40 metres. I hit a clean 35 metre, .177 calibre single pellet hole with 5 rounds using Philpot's Air Arms TX200HC .177. I set up his scope on 6Xmag which is my preferred mag set-up. His gun is a right hand version and I'm a leftie! Fabulously accurate rifle he has there. Phil and Jimmy witnessed me doing it! I reckon you could hit a pellet hole at 60 metres with it -it's only 20 more! It's just down to proper practice and a top gun with precisely the right pellet! I find it a bit more difficult with my Regal PCP to hit that level of precision. That rifle is a lot lighter than the good, controllable and stable heft of a spring rifle I'm more used to.

They can my old. Just check YouTube. If people can hit a 5p coin 9 out of 10 x at 40 yards then putting in one hole groups out to 50 - 60 yards is possible.

with a 3-9x56 scope ?

I still don't get you. Who uses a pellet sized target?

have you seen those bullsy targets, round, blue then red then white have a look on ebay, you will see what i mean, with the sights that i have i think its impossible ! i know theres some VERY good shooters on here, but for the sights that i have and the size of the target i think its impossible ! ATB FT

Pellet on pellet into the same hole as the first shot? Yep, I have spring rifles that can honestly do that at 40 metres. I hit a clean 35 metre, .177 calibre single pellet hole with 5 rounds using Philpot's Air Arms TX200HC .177. I set up his scope on 6Xmag which is my preferred mag set-up. His gun is a right hand version and I'm a leftie! Fabulously accurate rifle he has there. Phil and Jimmy witnessed me doing it! I reckon you could hit a pellet hole at 60 metres with it -it's only 20 more! It's just down to proper practice and a top gun with precisely the right pellet! I find it a bit more difficult with my Regal PCP to hit that level of precision. That rifle is a lot lighter than the good, controllable and stable heft of a spring rifle I'm more used to.

can you do that at 40 metres with the same 3-9x56 scopes as i have ?

dose'nt matter what size scope you got if you cant see an object size of a five pence at 50 yrds.scope rubbish or not set up right or your eyes need testing . so which do you think it is

Edited by toby63