Wildfowling

post-88284-0-59012100-1475132722_thumb.jpeg

Got back from offshore yesterday morning and headed out salmon fishing and there was thousands of pink feet geese arriving from Greenland all day .

Big westerly winds were forecast and low tide was at 0820 ...set the alarm for 5 am but woke up feeling a bit ruff after watching the mighty Glasgow Celtic last night .

Got myself in my favourite spot and could hear thousands of geese all around me .

6 shots 6 geese and was walking off the mud at 7:15and hopefully get some dirt on this terriers back later in the day

Edited by MIK
  • Like 14

Well done very good shooting

edited to say if my patterdale was left more than a minute with the geese she would have stripped them of feathers and they would be oven ready, ;)

edited yet again to say I have just watched the video and you have a rate good dog there I just wished that I had spent some time on mine training her but she is 11 now

Edited by harrycatcat

Well done mik and dog . I've been getting my teckel in the tide she's doing well . She'll go out as far as I can throw the dummy . And brings it back . Our first shoot at weekend so I'll bring some cold game home for her to have a try on .

• Like 1

I know I've said this before MIK but for such a small dog to go out and retrieve a large saturated bird against the current takes a game one.

Lets face it, it's the equivalent of a bred for purpose Labrador retrieving a 50 lb Cock Turkey against a strong current.

Fair play.

• Like 2

image.jpeg

Got back from offshore yesterday morning and headed out salmon fishing and there was thousands of pink feet geese arriving from Greenland all day .

Big westerly winds were forecast and low tide was at 0820 ...set the alarm for 5 am but woke up feeling a bit ruff after watching the mighty Glasgow Celtic last night .

Got myself in my favourite spot and could hear thousands of geese all around me .

6 shots 6 geese and was walking off the mud at 7:15and hopefully get some dirt on this terriers back later in the day

if you don't mind me asking .

Is there any reason you've got tape around your calls mate .

image.jpeg

if you don't mind me asking .

Is there any reason you've got tape around your calls mate .

The calls are 2 piece and over the years I have lost the bottom section so tape them up now days

I know I've said this before MIK but for such a small dog to go out and retrieve a large saturated bird against the current takes a game one.

Lets face it, it's the equivalent of a bred for purpose Labrador retrieving a 50 lb Cock Turkey against a strong current.

Fair play.

The last vid I put up retrieving the Canada ...they are big geese and it was still alive and actually start taking him up stream but he got the job done ...as I have said before he is as good a digging terrier that I've owned ...I was just speaking to a lad today that if I could keep just one dog it would be him ...which is high praise as I have some decent dogs in my kennels .

Was out tonight with the lad that I gave Fly to ...my lurcher bitch and after the season finishes I'm going to put nip over her ...should make some decent lurcher pups ...nothing ventured nothing gained .

• Like 1

He seems a handy tyke Mik. All the Jim breds seem to have a natural retrieving ability for some reason. Dilly did mention adding some spaniel blood way back so that could have something to do with it?

I heard it was show cocker and that is where the choc gene comes from ...don't know how much truth is in that ?