A Couple From Today

A couple from today ..

post-81636-0-65382500-1474919788_thumb.jpegpost-81636-0-50573300-1474919809_thumb.jpeg

The pricket was a good hour and half stalk and while there were others that I could have taken he was a scraggy under weight beast that needed going so I persevered till I was within shot then waited twenty minutes or so for him to come clear , 180m chest shot see him take off and do 100+ m before dropping in some bracken ,it laid a good trail for the dog to follow and she soon had it found ..in the chiller at a mere 46lb ..

The buck I had seen on the morning stalk close to one of the big rutting stands he was with probably one of the best wild fallow bucks I've ever seen , unable to get a clear shot I got set up in a seat for the evening , he duly obliged at about 6pm , walking out of the wood the pair of them walked up the field were the big fella laid down with the black Buck standing in front of him , five minutes later he to laid down , clear of the other one the 6.5 did the job ..were the first one was very light this old boy was any thing but ..in the chiller at 154lb Iand I sweated plenty getting him there ...definitely getting to old for these big bucks ..out again tomorrow !

• Like 3