Permernant Set Nets

ferretfatcamp

I bought some permernant set nets

A couple of years back .they were great at first but keep getting tangled is there a easy way to untangle them or is it because they are light nets many thanks steve

The easiest way to sort out nets is to lay them out on a field and work from one end. When you say permanent set, do you mean like a quick set net?

TC

I just cannot understand what you mean by tangled? Do you mean rubbish in the net as that is easily solved? other than that it is impossible to tangle nets. Could you put up a photo of the nets?

TC

If I leave my nets in the back of the van until I go out next time they will be tangled sliding around. They also tangle around the rabbit...

I just cannot understand what you mean by tangled? Do you mean rubbish in the net as that is easily solved? other than that it is impossible to tangle nets. Could you put up a photo of the nets?

TC

If I leave my nets in the back of the van until I go out next time they will be tangled sliding around. They also tangle around the rabbit...

I know you only use trad nets. If a net is hanked up please tell me how it can tangle? Each loop on the pin is set in sequence then they are tied in place. True it is possible for the loops to pass through each other but because the loop is anchored in place at the root of the loop they will just pull out. Unless of course it is hanked wrongly.

To be pedantic they do not tangle a rabbit they enmesh it :whistling:

TC

TC

I know you only use trad nets. If a net is hanked up please tell me how it can tangle? Each loop on the pin is set in sequence then they are tied in place. True it is possible for the loops to pass through each other but because the loop is anchored in place at the root of the loop they will just pull out. Unless of course it is hanked wrongly.

TC

Rabbits are only enmeshed if you have that in your vocabulary I do not mine are tangled

2 x 50yds and 2 gate nets sliding around the van floor for days become tangled

tangle

verb [ I or T ] UK ​ /ˈtæŋ.ɡəl/ US ​ /ˈtæŋ.ɡəl/ informal

to become or form, or to make something into, an untidy mass

TC

TC

Rabbits are only enmeshed if you have that in your vocabulary I do not mine are tangled

2 x 50yds and 2 gate nets sliding around the van floor for days become tangled

tangle

verb [ I or T ] UK ​ /ˈtæŋ.ɡəl/ US ​ /ˈtæŋ.ɡəl/ informal

to become or form, or to make something into, an untidy mass

Well young grasshopper that's another lesson the old master has taught you

"Enmeshed" don't forget not tangled "enmeshed"

What I suggest you do is watch his video of running a net out

And strive to do it as well,

Forgive me if you think I'm being pedantic or patronising

Albert

• Like 1

WOW didn't think this would end up into a spelling or pronunciation contest as I'm a newbie to this site and don't want to ruffle any feathers what i can suggest is a little advise goes a long way..i have been ferreting for over ten years and have learnt put the nets out in a practical way and for the most part they will come back in the basket the same way you laid them minus a hick up or two. if those of you are concerned about your gear rolling around and causing tangles why not strap it down or store it properly ?

• Like 1