west yorks

hello folks,

does anyone know of any good places to fish for trout in the west yorks area ,dont mind a drive say (30 miles etc )

all the best joe :clapper:  :clapper:

They tell me Royds Hall Res is still a good do and Harold Park Lake, but I'm no fisherman, also there's a good spot just going into Barnsley on the road from Ingbirchworth, can't remember what it's called, and you can still pay for a days waterwhipping at Kilnsey trout farm.

• 2 months later...
Guest baldie

That spot in ingbirchworth, is members only, but its stuffed with quality fish, mostly browns, its only been open to the public for a couple of seasons, i ve fished it for years :whistle: but you dont want a lot of tackle :whistle: the next place down the road is scout dike, about a mile away, and you can get a day ticket for a tenner, its 2 fish, rainbows to be taken only, its stocked every fortnight, and there are some quality fish in it, well worth a visit.

That spot in ingbirchworth, is members only, but its stuffed with quality fish, mostly browns, its only been open to the public for a couple of seasons, i ve fished it for years :whistle: but you dont want a lot of tackle :whistle: the next place down the road is scout dike, about a mile away, and you can get a day ticket for a tenner, its 2 fish, rainbows to be taken only, its stocked every fortnight, and there are some quality fish in it, well worth a visit.

cheers baldie i will give them ago

all the best

joe :good:

the washburn valley reservoirs are very good value and will provide you with a good challenge. i like to use very small, black dries on may/june evenings with a fairly fine tippet. some good rises and the trout are on the top practically all the time. I have taken a good number of nice rainbows from where the river washburn flows in. :good: