Pheasant Shooting With An Air Gun

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why ruin a breast with pellet,headshot every time.

I headshoot a pheasant now and again with my FAC HW80 .22.   23 ft/lbs does a humane job. I have permission from my farmer to take the odd one for the pot now and again in exchange for the numbers o

It nice being able to sneak up to a truly wild pheasant and head shot it with a airgun , but theres no skill involved shooting somebody else,s birds just out the pen with no tails

Yes it would kill.

But no I wouldn't. Some do, having had chit chat about it in the past (Cc) :) but I personally don't.

Pheasants are someone's property. They aren't free range so to speak, like rabbits, pigeons and so on. If you do have permission from the land owner, then fine. In my mind, it's a bit on an insult to a game bird to be shot with a poncy airgun. They aren't sporting in anyway to be shot any other way than on the wing. That's what there bred for.

Some my disagree, naturally, but it's not my cuppa.

With respect fox, you have nearly 2k posts... What forum have you been frequenting?

• Like 2

Yes it would kill.

But no I wouldn't. Some do, having had chit chat about it in the past (Cc) :) but I personally don't.

Pheasants are someone's property. They aren't free range so to speak, like rabbits, pigeons and so on. If you do have permission from the land owner, then fine. In my mind, it's a bit on an insult to a game bird to be shot with a poncy airgun. They aren't sporting in anyway to be shot any other way than on the wing. That's what there bred for.

Some my disagree, naturally, but it's not my cuppa.

With respect fox, you have nearly 2k posts... What forum have you been frequenting?

iv done mostly ferreting with terrier and nets ect, iv had the odd air rifle, and have done a bit with grey hounds and lurchers, but ferrets has been my way with purse and long nets, im now trying to get my stuff back together after some crisis, just asking a question thats all about a phesant shot, which is on private land of the land im allowed to ferret on, with no pheasant shoot for atleast 30 miles that i know of, ATB FT

• Like 1

I headshoot a pheasant now and again with my FAC HW80 .22.

23 ft/lbs does a humane job. I have permission from my farmer to take the odd one for the pot now and again in exchange for the numbers of rabbits I knock down but, I don't make a habbit of it.

Pheasants are usually bread for the guns of a paying syndicate and it's not really fair to go shooting their sport. The shotgun lads leave the rabbits and woodpigeon alone for me to shoot so, I respect their sport in return and leave it be.

If what you have are wild, roaming birds and no Gamekeeper laying claim to them anymore, you need to get permission from your landowner. Especially if there are police officers visiting the farmland you shoot over.

But if you have clear permission, a .22 pellet to the head (and only the head) is enough to kill them humanely.

• Like 5

Shot plenty of pheasants with a 12ft/lb gun. Like most things you hit the head neck or lungs it's coming down. Allways took me old dog when I was on the birds. All taken legally in the day on permission.

668DC795-57F6-4692-A27D-3B256FA0829D_zps

Those Simmons optics. So wish I had one.

Think its the granite look.

• Like 2