Setting Up Roof Mounted Thermal

Does any have their thermal camera fitted to the roof of their vehicle hooked up to a screen in the cab? I'm keen to try this, but am not sure what kind of screen to get? I bought a video cable to micro usb and have tried it on a tablet and a phone but and nothing happened but I don't really know what I'm doing could do with some help. Cheers Tom.

Ps I have a pulsar quantum XD50S

Tom this is what I use

A light force handle mounted through the roof of my Defender - This is much better than using anything motor/rotary based, like a rotolight style you have so little control at all, I would not recommend them, if you do not want to mount a handle through the roof a suction mount would do, but theres an extra cable and the chance of it coming loose.

I run the video cable straight through the light force handle, keeps it very neat and no need to have windows open trailing a video lead in from the roof.

I mount the thermal using a pulsar tripod adaptor, there about £8 , I then use an adaptor stud so it fits into the top of the handle external.

The monitor is a HD one off eBay about £20-25 .

So total cost is probably less than £100 for everything to vehicle mount. Avoid wireless, avoid motor operation. This is simple and works brilliant.

I'll post pictures when I get chance.

I bought a sun visor off eBay for £70. It has a 9inch screen on it and when not in use obviously just folds up. Keeps it tidy. You could wire it to the battery however I just soldered an adapted to it and just plug it in when in use. The only wire visible is from the thermal unit to the screen but it works fine.

I just bought a standard video cable of eBay but it won't fit in the quantum, it looks like the actual plug will fit but it looks like the yellow plastic housing doesn't fit and is stopping the plug going all the way in. Has any one else found this? Or is there a smaller kind of video cable?

I just bought a standard video cable of eBay but it won't fit in the quantum, it looks like the actual plug will fit but it looks like the yellow plastic housing doesn't fit and is stopping the plug going all the way in. Has any one else found this? Or is there a smaller kind of video cable?