Pure Saluki

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

Salukis have been clocked at over 40 mph, the way they run is deceptive, people presume they're slow but I can assure you they're not. I've seen greyhounds that are slow compared to other greyhounds and so comparing a pedigree saluki with a crossbred lurcher that has predominantly greyhound blood is unfair, it's really hard to judge the speed of any dog when it's running an hare or rabbit, especially when the dog could be half a mile away.

Come on now we both now they're not as quick as most 3/4 Greyhound Lurchers. I've been watching a clip of this heavy Saluki type dog called Red on YouTube. It's given a kick up and doesn't even begin to pressure the Hare so they labelled the creature an "Early season monster" aka my dog just ain't fast enough.

Salukis have been clocked at over 40 mph, the way they run is deceptive, people presume they're slow but I can assure you they're not. I've seen greyhounds that are slow compared to other greyhounds and so comparing a pedigree saluki with a crossbred lurcher that has predominantly greyhound blood is unfair, it's really hard to judge the speed of any dog when it's running an hare or rabbit, especially when the dog could be half a mile away.

Come on now we both now they're not as quick as most 3/4 Greyhound Lurchers. I've been watching a clip of this heavy Saluki type dog called Red on YouTube. It's given a kick up and doesn't even begin to pressure the Hare so they labelled the creature an "Early season monster" aka my dog just ain't fast enough.
That dog knew his trade, and that particular hare was above the average size of an adult hare, an equal sporting match of a course
Equal course my arse, it was a kick up and the dog didn't look close to catching. Lots of whizz bangers would have had that Hare for breakfast.
Wonder why they don't take whizz bangers down there then eh, and as for fast dogs, and close slips if you've done much coursing you'll know a hare can take off like a rocket from their form when they need to
Of course, that's why they give them something called law. It seems like some of these coursers are no different to folk who are on the mooch and put up a Hare.
Law comes from double handed points coursing, it's personal choice where a man out with his own dog slips from, the dvd of this dog shows long slips and strong running hares being caught

That dog knew his trade, and that particular hare was above the average size of an adult hare, an equal sporting match of a course
Equal course my arse, it was a kick up and the dog didn't look close to catching. Lots of whizz bangers would have had that Hare for breakfast.
Wonder why they don't take whizz bangers down there then eh, and as for fast dogs, and close slips if you've done much coursing you'll know a hare can take off like a rocket from their form when they need to
Of course, that's why they give them something called law. It seems like some of these coursers are no different to folk who are on the mooch and put up a Hare.
Law comes from double handed points coursing, it's personal choice where a man out with his own dog slips from, the dvd of this dog shows long slips and strong running hares being caught

We are not talking about a man out on a walk we are talking about matching and such. That Hare was a kick up plain and simple was it not?

Many a bullx lurcher travels at greater speed than that,especially when being thrown from a moving 4x4.

or with a size ten up its jacksie from the slipper :laugh: