Pure Saluki

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

Salukis are made to run on large open spaces not fenced in feilds loads of wind but not the fastest of longdogs horses for courses and hounds for grounds . Having said that I seen some of 5he smaller ones do well on rabbit and like said seen 1 or 2 take red preban. If you 2ant an all rounder for a mooch and a bit of ferreting and lamping I'd recommend a good old lurcher x lurcher out of stuff 5hat is doing the jobs you want yours to do atb

Edited by leethedog
  • Like 1

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,

Cant run in small fields , yea right :whistling:

not as fast as a lurcher, :whistling:

lack aggression :whistling:

one trick ponies :whistling:

wont come back :whistling:

stupid :whistling:

yet despite all the above statements and many others made in books on net over years the saluki still remains the oldest breed of lurcher out of them all, forget hancock plummer, THL, these dogs gave been providing man with food and sport for thousands of years, , unchanged unspoiled as there has been little need to change them, functionality is the beauty of the dog

fair does it might not come wagging its tail after you smashed it face in for missing a hare or rabbit and showing you up in front of your pals etc, but when was that a sign of being clever?

maybe its clever enough to know its owners limitations, better than they do?

if they so shit how come 100% of all coursing dogs have a massive dollop of pure blood running right thrugh em, prior to saluki's hare coursing was just that , running after hares, not much good if you want to eat but fun though

Could it not be that most lads who buy one would in reality be better off buying a coursing dog instead?

could it not be that all the ones that 'fail' where owned by the sort of muppets that fail most types of dogs they have in their care?

A lurcher is generally a blank canvas when you get it, a lot is down to what you put into it, selling at one year of age tells its own story imho was rome built in a day?

yea I think there more poor dog men that poor saluki's :thumbs:

• Like 18

when a dog wont return to its owner , you really have to question why? easy too blame the dog, but I doubt the dog just landed on your doorstep via the saluki stork, no most go out and buy them, once it goes tits up, its much easier to blame the dog or the breed than to try look into ourselves and improve ,I'd be ashamed if I took something bred right with years of work behind it and made a right hash of it, Id look into myself first long before blaming the rest of the world n its bother

• Like 7