Unusual Roadkill.

my bit of river outside StAlbans has now a good population of them ,would love to pop a few off !noisey foreigners!

River leigh? Im just down road from st albans went school there

Yes mate the Lea ,i fish the bit at marford bridge wheathampstead,into brocket park

Edited by waltjnr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously they have fallen victim to the prey drive of the 101st airgun brigade at some point  I dread to think what those pictures were like, a green parakeet held up by a 48 year old fork lift

My mate got one with his catapult today,he gets quite a few.  

There are loads of them in Kent and Essex , the fruit farmers hate the bloody things ..they are on the general licence along with the monk parakeet ..which apparently are worse than the ring neck for

Posted Images

I wish they were over here id take them out the nest young and tame them would get 150 all day long for them.

almost worth traveling for if they are worth that kind of shilling, I had them down as about £25 each myself, have to check it out before I head south with me spoon on a stick
  • Like 1

my bit of river outside StAlbans has now a good population of them ,would love to pop a few off !noisey foreigners!

Yes mate the Lea ,i fish the bit at marford bridge wheathampstead,into brocket park

My membership run out there last year,its a good river had some good size chub and barbel . I used to fish the pegs,have you walked further up heard its bit harder up there

• Like 1

I wish they were over here id take them out the nest young and tame them would get 150 all day long for them.

almost worth traveling for if they are worth that kind of shilling, I had them down as about £25 each myself, have to check it out before I head south with me spoon on a stick

Mate they ne worth that all day long once there tame.my mate gave 250 for a simlar looking parakeet few weeks ago to buy a ringneck in a petshop over here your talking a hundred euro and chances are its bred to death and as wild as fook.

my dad was a merchant seaman for mny years. these parakeets were often bought in indian markets and brought back by the sailors, maybe ten to twenty on every ship. as they sailed up the thames, they would watch out for customs boats, which would do random searches on ships; if they pulled alongside your ship, all the silors with birds would run below decks and release the birds through the portholes to avoid having them seized and therefore having to pay import tax quarantine fees or similar char.ges

My membership run out there last year,its a good river had some good size chub and barbel . I used to fish the pegs,have you walked further up heard its bit harder up there

Yes mate ,its a good club loads of waters ,i havent fished the short walk i stick to the other side as its more wild ! I think Dean Macey film did a film shoot down there ,not sure if its been aired yet?

I heard the short walk got a bit naughty with blokes argueing over swims so they do a draw now!

Some round here too. A bit exotic looking! I'm sure I've seen an airgun article or similar on controlling them?

Wouldnt surprise me,i have seen a few shot with an airgun,they weigh next to nothing and the body is small when held in the hand.

• Like 1