Unusual Roadkill.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously they have fallen victim to the prey drive of the 101st airgun brigade at some point  I dread to think what those pictures were like, a green parakeet held up by a 48 year old fork lift

My mate got one with his catapult today,he gets quite a few.  

There are loads of them in Kent and Essex , the fruit farmers hate the bloody things ..they are on the general licence along with the monk parakeet ..which apparently are worse than the ring neck for

Posted Images

I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere last year that they have started granting licences to shoot em, as well as there being loads of em I think they may Nick woodpecker nests for themselves, interesting fact coming up, they apparently escaped from the film set of African queen, the old Humphrey bogart movie back in the 50s and have been on the increase ever since, bloody immigrants

• Like 1

Thats the rumour local,african queen filmed in shepperton early 1950's they released them afterwards,i just along the river from shepperton and they are everywhere,seen them nesting in loads of places,if your ever in Bushy Park near hampton court theres a few nests in there every season,i have seen them shot with an airgun and seen a few caught in a mist net in a back garden,theres a cherry tree in the front street a flock of them stripped it of flowers in a few hours for some reason.