Some New Layer

• 2 weeks later...

The barnevelders I got had a blip in summer but I get nearly egg a day out of them now , they began laying last dec/jan.

I only got them as off heat growers from a garden center ,but the young lady(think its owners daughter) had nice stock in grass pens think she had giot some that had blood from Netherlands .

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the egg laying is ant going so well I'm getting one egg a day either they were younger than the seller said or there something really wrong give them a few more weeks then see what I feel like. Surely they should be laying like crazy .

Probably due to the moult. The birds are getting ready for cold weather so laying is not paramount. Always a quiet time. Think about a timed lamp in the house. Daylight is another thing that drastically alters laying. A lamp helps. Rats are now looking for food and where better than a free supply of chicken food. The birds don't like this . I imagine there's lot's more reasons like clean water, lack of vitamins, red mite, shit it goes on and on. Jok.

Jok, bang on the money here, they will often slow down at this time, I have just over 200 birds, and lucky if I get 5 or 10 eggs a day at the moment, some days just one or two, but they are all in serious moult, happens every year as I use all natural light, I don't mess with the birds clocks.