Bit Of Fitness...

Gaz_1989

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the only fitness my lad does and it keeps him trim, they must cover some ground when out.

Had the busher out with the bike this morning. She's been with me a week now so her fitness is coming along but didn't know how she would fair out with the bike.   She really surprised me and was in

Posted Images

Mines about 20 weeks now just did bit ferreting with him he caught a bolter other day i say bolter he got it before it managed to put its foot down.. He gets in all the tight spots and just lays around the hole.. Need get him out with some older dogs to show him the ropes. Hes coming on good

• Like 1

all the bikeing in the world wont beat bushing your lurchers they use every muscles in the dog there lungs get used slow fast they just use everything they have

but every man sees things different :thumbs:

Like I said above squirrel it's just to mix things up. It's good for man and dog. Not trying to beat anything

A boxer doesn't just spend his life punching bags and sparring. He will be seen skipping, circuit training, road running. Same for most athletes. Many cyclists will be seen in the gym working their legs and doing high intensity circuits. Not just out cycling.

I don't see why dogs should be any different. Bushing, ferreting, lamping, bike work, swimming, retrieve work with a ball.

You're right though. Every man definitely sees things different on here

never forget rest

all the bikeing in the world wont beat bushing your lurchers they use every muscles in the dog there lungs get used slow fast they just use everything they have

but every man sees things different :thumbs:

Like I said above squirrel it's just to mix things up. It's good for man and dog. Not trying to beat anything

A boxer doesn't just spend his life punching bags and sparring. He will be seen skipping, circuit training, road running. Same for most athletes. Many cyclists will be seen in the gym working their legs and doing high intensity circuits. Not just out cycling.

I don't see why dogs should be any different. Bushing, ferreting, lamping, bike work, swimming, retrieve work with a ball.

You're right though. Every man definitely sees things different on here

never forget rest

most important part THE RECOVERY

No one is saying leave your busher at home while you bike ride.what the fact is there is no better fitness than bushing.lurchers springing about keeping up with them .short burst sprints.then back to following and concentrating.keeps everything on there toes.I would need husky ropes tied to all ours then to my bike.properly do 6 mile without peddling once.ha.

No one is saying leave your busher at home while you bike ride.what the fact is there is no better fitness than bushing.lurchers springing about keeping up with them .short burst sprints.then back to following and concentrating.keeps everything on there toes.I would need husky ropes tied to all ours then to my bike.properly do 6 mile without peddling once.ha.

Mine are out bushing 7 days a week fella. Not once or twice like most. I mix it up now and again and like to do a bit of bike work with the lurchers before lamping season kicks in. I'm not saying bike work is better than bushing or hunting. It's just a bit of variation. Nothing more or less.