Back In Action

Due to some scheduling issues, and then coming in to heat I hadn't done any serious training with Ginger. Well, we are back on track, now. Got her out to blow some of the dust out of her head. Her exuberance was a bit much, and she worked harder, rather than smarter, and didn't pattern well. But she smoked a few bird finds, and for the most part minded her manners. We are back in track just in time, as we are entered in 2 trials this weekend, Friday and Saturday. Left her with the pro I train with so she can get a bit more of a tune up, and screwed down a bit before Friday (plus I'm stuck in the firehouse for 24hr today). Anyway, he's been dying to handle her in a trial, so he will run her Friday, and I will run her Saturday.

Anyway, here are a couple of videos from yesterday. We were running down wind. Her pattern was shit, but she was so excited to be there. She'll settle in quickly

https://youtu.be/bkgtvdJBDdE

https://youtu.be/gaHF2VolSPY

She's 5 1/2 years old.

And yes, she knows the training grounds well. She wasn't patterning well at all, nor using the wind. She was just running haphazardly knowing there were birds about.

Had a pretty good weekend; our trainer, Steve, handled her through 3 series to judgement on Friday. 11 dogs got called back to the 3rd series, of which only 7 dogs finished. Unfortunately 4 dogs had a better day than she did. On Saturday I handled her through 2 series. She had a couple of smoking hot finds and flushes, and nailed her retrieves, but she was loose in her flushes, so we didn't get called back to the 3rd series.