Any idea which type of apples they are?

The ones like the one on the left is a much harder flesh. The ones like the one on the right are generally bigger and softer, more like golden delicious.

20160914_183435.jpg

The left one looks very like the apples on my tree. It's a shame I don't look after it cause I reckon it would hold many an apple.

Any the ones of it are a tad sour....be lovely in a crumble like my grandad used to do.

Oh and before Mal starts yes it's getting pruned when it's time to do so and he will be the first to f***ing get the pictures...

We haven't pruned this one either but had about 10 times more apples than last year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a cider press then.

Just made Six gallon on Monday, and Saturday I will be doing another batch I reckon about another seven gallon, it's bloody hard graft though but when your drinking it in the summer its well worth it.

You can make a cider press easily enough mate ... Couple of crates hessian sacks and drive your quad up on top to press the chopped apples .......

Posted Images

Mint jelly, MMMMMMM :yes:

http://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/mint-jelly-20130211-2e9n9

You can use eating apple just cut down on the sugar. When boiling the apples add the mint stalks but crush them to the mix, adds a lot of flavour.

TC

I don't need to make any mint jelly. I have a mate who makes it for me. :thumbs:

You lucky man :yes: so all you need to do now is deliver the apples. :D

TC

Any idea which type of apples they are?

The ones like the one on the left is a much harder flesh. The ones like the one on the right are generally bigger and softer, more like golden delicious.

20160914_183435.jpg

The left one looks very like the apples on my tree. It's a shame I don't look after it cause I reckon it would hold many an apple.

Any the ones of it are a tad sour....be lovely in a crumble like my grandad used to do.

Oh and before Mal starts yes it's getting pruned when it's time to do so and he will be the first to f***ing get the pictures...

We haven't pruned this one either but had about 10 times more apples than last year.

Think this tree was last pruned around 2008...?

• Like 1

Dave, I'm sure I seen a sign by the side of the road advertising apple juicing when I was round your neck of the woods last week. Boncath maybe? I'll ask the Mrs if she can remember. Also, PM me your phone number again will you mate? I thought I had it but it must have been on my old phone.

Make apple jelly (very easy) delicious in ham sandwich.

Stew and freeze for use over the year (NB label clearly, as stewed apple looks exactly like leek and potato soup).

Give to a friend or neighbour who keeps pigs

Find a cider maker or collective near you.

Or get a cider press.

Get a couple of pigs then slaughter after harvest, turn your apples into meat

Gloucester old spot pigs

years back , a bloke by me fed his pigs on apples , and when he had them butchered the meat was brill , it really was nice+sweet :thumbs::yes:

Pigs like apples, my old man told me a story when he was a youth (1920s) a toddler fed an apple to a pig on the farm and the pig took the child's hand off!

Cheers, D.

When I knew I was moving to the Forest of Dean I read up on its history ,and when the commoners used to put the pigs out to pannage in the autumn for the acorns ,the house wives would pick up the infants playing on the front door step an bring them inside,as there had been one killed an eaten by a pig.
  • Like 1