Also Iv found out not just on here but at work (occasionaly having to go to religious seminars and exhibitions where people from the world over attended) that arguing on this subject gets you nowhere, its in our Dna to defend our beliefs! A sceptic can't ask a simple question without being jumped on by a highly defensive religious person, there's never any sensible debates just a sensible question asked and either a defensive reply or riddles.

• Like 1

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not for me mate,,just a story to keep folk in line by rulers in older days...   My old gran who was a church goer,,,,,she would say the bible got it wrong,,,and God and the devil were just spelling

I've never believed in a God . My parents didn't either . I think that present day science rtf can prove that most of the bible didn't happen or would have been impossible. Moses parting the sea etc

Cain married his sister and thus God created......Norfolk !

Posted Images

I always find the irony in these topics. The believers say "Just show me one thing where science disproves the bible." If they were asked to show where the bible disproves science, they couldn't. Selecting a bit of text that may or may not have been written hundreds of years ago, proves nothing.

I'm in no way making fun of believers. If that's your bag, then good luck to you.

its all to with fear of the dark,? when man 1st came on earth, he was scared of wild animals that would attack him at night, so night was evil , day was good , the rest is just man imagination , praying to something for comfort / safety :yes::yes:

• Like 4

You always go to the source of something to learn. If its nonsense & full of holes i tend to pay it no heed!

btw if you get comfort and peace of mind with religion & a divine being then fill your boots im not slating anyone its just i need a bit more to convince me.

it all started when one monkey looked@ the sun & told the other monkey "he said for you to give me your f***ing share! Lol

• Like 1

This topic cracks me up these days, thl massive are not experts in the bible lol

Whoever on this topic says science disproves the bible, id like to see it, because morder acadamiea cannot do this, so I doubt anyone on here can.

But its everyones choice what they beleive, but I find it funny people scoff at the bible but cant disprove it in anyway.

So you are telling me a pair of penguins walked from the South Pole to the Middle East floated about on an ark for 40 days and 40 nights then walked back ?

• Like 2

well my daughter goes to a catholic school ,here mother is catholic not me and some of the stuff she brings home from school in her home work about god jesus and all of that is well over the top

Religion gives weak people someone to believe in because they don't have the confidence to believe in themselves, and with the big world telling everyone they are inadequate, it's easy see why it works, little girls want to be grown women, grown woman want to be girls, blondes want dark hair brunettes want to be blond, even men are turning into birds, it's all about undermining your self confidence, because then you will turn to someone or something else, but the end result is the same, it will cost you money, to fit someone else's agenda, just learn to love yourself and your family and you won't need a false demy God,

• Like 3

Religion gives weak people someone to believe in because they don't have the confidence to believe in themselves, and with the big world telling everyone they are inadequate, it's easy see why it works, little girls want to be grown women, grown woman want to be girls, blondes want dark hair brunettes want to be blond, even men are turning into birds, it's all about undermining your self confidence, because then you will turn to someone or something else, but the end result is the same, it will cost you money, to fit someone else's agenda, just learn to love yourself and your family and you won't need a false demy God,

its the same when people have got bad news etc, they use religion as a crutch to help them through it, yet most prob before never given it a 2nd thought when life going well. be strong in your self what to be will be, believing in a god wont change what will happen :yes:

its the same when people have got bad news etc, they use religion as a crutch to help them through it, yet most prob before never given it a 2nd thought when life going well. be strong in your self what to be will be, believing in a god wont change what will happen :yes:
and that's why many religious groups have people swooping on old and infirm people in hospitals, hoping they have know living relatives and through an act of kindness they get there scanky claws into what remains in the kitty after they pass on, it's like I said just another group hiding behind false gods to relieve you of your hard earned, if people are weak and need the crutch of religion to boost there own confidence then do it, just don't try dressing it up as something great and pushing it down people's throats, I,ve never felt the need to convert anyone to follow my beliefs and why would I unless there was a wage packet in it for me,

I think the minute you stop trying to look at God as " a man " you start to see things with a clearer mind......ive tried to go to church but i just dont feel comfortable it feels like everyones staring at me although i know they,re not but i guess its an area of life we all have to just figure out on our own.....ive got a little hideaway abroad that i spend a lot of time at and theres a tiny little chapel tucked away up in the hills a few miles away i can sit in there for hours and completely clear my mind.....its then that everything makes sense and regardless of any scientific literature nothing makes as much sense as belief in a higher power......only when i come back to this crazy place do i even begin to doubt it !

That makes you spiritual, not religious.

Being able to find some kind of inner peace and calm in this crazy ol' world, no matter how fleeting, can only be a good thing.

Long may it continue :thumbs: