I don't be leave too much bad stuff happens. But regarding the big after life deja vu puzzles me and makes me wonder as that is some that over years has happened a lot.

I remember as a kid we used to drive past a school a few miles from home and every time I used to say to my parents that I used to go to that school I remember just being certain that I went anyhow my mum always used to say I didn't and why did I always say it, anyway years later when looking into family history turns out I had family that did go over a hundred years earlier. I've often wondered whether we have an ability to pass memories on, like when people wake from comas with knowledge they hadn't previously had and when you think of the complex behaviours some animals have without being taught and things like eels returning to the Sargasso etc doesn't seem that far fetched.

yes definately some thing going on here that can't be explained. I actually remember coming out of hospital as a baby because my grandmother went in that day with a broken arm and she made a fuss of me. I can picture her now and the dress she was wearing clear as day. Nothing to do with deja vu but I thought I would mention it lol.

on another note nothing wrong with gays though i do struggle with the really camp ones that try shove it in your face

• Like 1

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not for me mate,,just a story to keep folk in line by rulers in older days...   My old gran who was a church goer,,,,,she would say the bible got it wrong,,,and God and the devil were just spelling

I've never believed in a God . My parents didn't either . I think that present day science rtf can prove that most of the bible didn't happen or would have been impossible. Moses parting the sea etc

Cain married his sister and thus God created......Norfolk !

Posted Images

Francie, I like your passion but I have to be honest and say I don't know why you bother mate?........it's all out there in black and white, folk can study and make up their own mind if they want.

On threads like this all they are looking to do is mock you........f**k em, let them get on with it.....life's too short.

I have to disagree with you there Wilf, check out the earlier god threads and compare them to the few latter threads, there is a distinct shift in attitude. I may disagree with Francie but I will never decry his faith. To be honest I admire people who have faith like that, It's just that I cannot rationalise it to myself, too many if, ands and but's for me, I like demonstrable. Do I think religion helps some people? Hell yes. Do I think religion would help me? Hell no. One thing I will say in my defence though I believe in the 10 commandments and try to live to those standards.

TC

In all fairness to you mate, you are one of the lads that is always respectful of others point of view......you seem to try and see things from both sides.

Now, I have said before that I don't really agree with Francies hard line authoritarian approach to these threads sometimes but when I see people saying "prove this or prove that" they know full well he can't ........just the same as they can't prove how this planet got going.

I also don't really like the "it's for the weak minded or you must be stupid" type replies..........I beleive there is something more going on and I don't consider myself weak minded or stupid.........I've been round a few things that would make most people curl up in a ball and die so they can f**k off with their weak minded bollocks.

I've said it before, I do t give a rats arse if people don't beleive in something just don't f***ing mock people who do.

I have great pals who don't beleive, it's not something you talk about because you just respect each other.

• Like 5

I don't think "the Good book" is meant to taken literally, whether your Catholic, Protestant, Buddha or any religion. It was just a way to explain life and instill a set of morals to races who hadn't got the education or scientific knowledge that we have now. The problem's now associated with persecution in many countries can be attributed to a stringent and dogmatic interpretation of whatever "Good Book" is the doctrine, in that country. Science now expends engeries in disproving events in the bible, and then concludes religion is phish.

Then you have radical beleivers groups advocating blind belief in a book which doesn't at times make sense.....

I think I'll follow the belief's of the Navajo, makes sense to me.......

Edited by VOON
  • Like 1

I agree Voon, I also don't think the bible is meant to be taken literally.....I view it as a set of parables that make for a good life and a good world all round (not just your own little bubble).......I also don't beleive it exists in isolation, I think it's one part of a massive thread winding through the ages.

As I said before, when you start to look at "religions" of all sorts they are so closely connected and have so much in common that I personally don't see them as isolated from each other.

Humans being (at least for the last few thousand years) seem to need to understand and prove everything to themselves........sometimes you just have to see what you see and go with your gut I reckon.

• Like 2

All this about being gay a choice.... I'm not to sure about that. My brother is gay, always has been since he was born. Maybe nurture, maybe nature I'm sure it's both. In his case my mum mollied him but he was always camp

Just an observation of mine, but a number of people who are abused as children are gay or bisexual. I have always wondered if the abuse had a bearing on their sexuality, but the is some lads I know that were definitely gay from birth.

Francie, I like your passion but I have to be honest and say I don't know why you bother mate?........it's all out there in black and white, folk can study and make up their own mind if they want.

On threads like this all they are looking to do is mock you........f**k em, let them get on with it.....life's too short.

I have to disagree with you there Wilf, check out the earlier god threads and compare them to the few latter threads, there is a distinct shift in attitude. I may disagree with Francie but I will never decry his faith. To be honest I admire people who have faith like that, It's just that I cannot rationalise it to myself, too many if, ands and but's for me, I like demonstrable. Do I think religion helps some people? Hell yes. Do I think religion would help me? Hell no. One thing I will say in my defence though I believe in the 10 commandments and try to live to those standards.

TC

In all fairness to you mate, you are one of the lads that is always respectful of others point of view......you seem to try and see things from both sides.

Now, I have said before that I don't really agree with Francies hard line authoritarian approach to these threads sometimes but when I see people saying "prove this or prove that" they know full well he can't ........just the same as they can't prove how this planet got going.

I also don't really like the "it's for the weak minded or you must be stupid" type replies..........I beleive there is something more going on and I don't consider myself weak minded or stupid.........I've been round a few things that would make most people curl up in a ball and die so they can f**k off with their weak minded bollocks.

I've said it before, I do t give a rats arse if people don't beleive in something just don't f***ing mock people who do.

I have great pals who don't beleive, it's not something you talk about because you just respect each other.

That sums it up for me pal, this relatively new trend of mocking those with faith actually really bothers me and I'm not exactly a believer myself, some of the kindest most selfless folk I know are devout Christians and the world would be a poorer place without them :yes:

• Like 2

This topic cracks me up these days, thl massive are not experts in the bible lol

Whoever on this topic says science disproves the bible, id like to see it, because morder acadamiea cannot do this, so I doubt anyone on here can.

But its everyones choice what they beleive, but I find it funny people scoff at the bible but cant disprove it in anyway.

Ok I will bite .

You will have to help me out here but Moses parted the red sea apparently .

Science can pretty much guarantee that a human being brandishing a staff at the ocean won't make it open up to let people walk through .

Tsunami

This topic cracks me up these days, thl massive are not experts in the bible lol

Whoever on this topic says science disproves the bible, id like to see it, because morder acadamiea cannot do this, so I doubt anyone on here can.

But its everyones choice what they beleive, but I find it funny people scoff at the bible but cant disprove it in anyway.

Ok I will bite .

You will have to help me out here but Moses parted the red sea apparently .

Science can pretty much guarantee that a human being brandishing a staff at the ocean won't make it open up to let people walk through .

Tsunami

Keith Barry

Some on here are fairly hypocritical. I remember a few threads on here about whats off limits for making fun of.@the majority were saying anything is fair game! Also i dont see anyone really ripping the piss out of your beliefs,quite the opposite in fact.

But thats fairly common when religion is being debated. Even if i happen to think its totally bizzare in 2016 when fairly intelligent people believe the bible has an element of truth in it.

And people who believe it's literally the gospel and fact. Well imo there nutters

• Like 1

I don't think "the Good book" is meant to taken literally, whether your Catholic, Protestant, Buddha or any religion. It was just a way to explain life and instill a set of morals to races who hadn't got the education or scientific knowledge that we have now. The problem's now associated with persecution in many countries can be attributed to a stringent and dogmatic interpretation of whatever "Good Book" is the doctrine, in that country. Science now expends engeries in disproving events in the bible, and then concludes religion is phish.

Then you have radical beleivers groups advocating blind belief in a book which doesn't at times make sense.....

Buddhists don't believe in a deity and Buddhism isn't a religion.
  • Like 1

What's your point.....

What's your point.....
You said Buddhism was a religion when it isn't that's my point.