Etiquette/ Appropriateness Question

All of those would be appropriate, but what's even more so than that, give a bottle to the beaters as well, without them you wouldn't have a day's sport, and they usually think the guns are stuck up toffs, so something for them to pass round will go down well in everyone's eyes

• Like 1

All of those would be appropriate, but what's even more so than that, give a bottle to the beaters as well, without them you wouldn't have a day's sport, and they usually think the guns are stuck up toffs, so something for them to pass round will go down well in everyone's eyes

We are the beaters,....too. It's a walk one, stand one shoot.

Be interesting about the clothing differences between America and uk Americans go in for camo don't they ?

Most Americans don't shoot driven pheasant, or any other driven bird, so I would expect them to wear whatever they own which they feel is most appropriate. It isn't terribly hard to find a few pieces of appropriate kit over here. I was able to put together an appropriate outfit thanks to living somewhat close to a Barbour outlet, and a few deals on eBay.

Here in the states our upland clothing tends to feature blaze orange, while big game and waterfowl clothing is camo. That said, I have seen people upland hunting wearing some degree of camo. Don't get it, but maybe that's all they have. Of course, last year when we moved on to the duck pond in the evening, I was the only one not wearing camo. Never considered I'd need it. This year I will bring along a light weight camo coat to wear in the morning for geese, and the evening for ducks.

I haven't shot any game in Scotland, yet. Would it be advisable to invest in a kilt for that trip? A cold breeze could be tough. Hehehe.....

no as your American your over weight deep frying turkeys and ducks so think you might struggle getting one to fit hehehe .

Deep frying turkeys, mmmm,.......you're making me hungry.

• Like 2