79 replies to this topic

#16 arcticgun

arcticgun

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:46 pm

Fourtrack spot on about the pointers and the pointer cross bitch , I've seen the bitch albeit in her later years but she such a versatile handy bitch I'm not surprised the fella thinking of breeding that way again

The older GWP dog is an unreal hunter very versatile breed , always impressed me if own the cross in a heart beat

#17 keepdiggin

keepdiggin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:57 pm

Popular hog dogs

#18 Wales1234

Wales1234

2013 THL charity fishing competition: match winner

• Donator
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:48 pm

Iv said it before and il say it again definitely something I'm looking into for future bloke by me got gwp x dog I may use over one my bitches when next need a pup
  • spindolero, fourtrak73, coverdogs and 1 other like this

#19 Teckers

Teckers

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:34 am

A guy I hunt the hill with occasionally has a first cross, great temprement,strong boned, big solid dog endless stamina good jacket on him not the quickest lurcher in the world but by fuked he covers some ground just about perfect if hunting the hills your thing

#20 Wales1234

Wales1234

• Donator
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:53 pm

A guy I hunt the hill with occasionally has a first cross, great temprement,strong boned, big solid dog endless stamina good jacket on him not the quickest lurcher in the world but by fuked he covers some ground just about perfect if hunting the hills your thing

He might be same person I'm on about mate ! Got besdybullgreys aswell?
  • Marvel likes this

#21 Teckers

Teckers

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:28 pm

thats him mate he's a cracker fp if all I done was hunt the hill I'd defo have one

#22 Wales1234

Wales1234

• Donator
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:11 pm

thats him mate he's a cracker fp if all I done was hunt the hill I'd defo have one
Yea I know I'm think about using that dog over my bitch in a few years if all goes well

#23 Sirius

Sirius

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:18 pm

Make a ugly Lurcher, but they could be good.
I have hunted in the company of several gwp and they are grafters.
Kill a fox with ease and retrieve a bird with a soft mouth, work cover as good as anything.
A real Moocher dog, not a gundog but a true Hunt Point Retieve merchant.
  • bolty and Tiercel like this

#24 clawhammer

clawhammer

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:07 pm

You boys talking about my old dog Big Ted ? He's a machine and I'm lucky I got such a good home. Get your bitches to him there plenty fire in him .

#25 Teckers

Teckers

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:34 pm

Yea I know I'm think about using that dog over my bitch in a few years if all goes well
go for it pal he's a lovely dog 👍

#26 Teckers

Teckers

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:40 pm

You boys talking about my old dog Big Ted ? He's a machine and I'm lucky I got such a good home. Get your bitches to him there plenty fire in him .

yes mate teds the dog in question lovely type fp credit to you and his owner 👍 He defo brings a lot to a breeding bud and I think he's got plans for the future with him

#27 stop.end

stop.end

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:57 pm

Any i have seen i wouldnt have took them for free.

#28 bolty

bolty

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:21 pm

TO stop end  reply  the only thing  i can say his  that  you  havent  seen  the  right one  only  thing  i wish  i would  have  had  the  cross  thirty years ago .

• Tiercel likes this

#29 Aussie Whip

Aussie Whip

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:11 pm

A GWP Grey crossed to a whippet would be good for what I do.

Edited by Aussie Whip, 24 August 2017 - 08:13 pm.

#30 Welshmandownsouth

Welshmandownsouth

• Donator
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:21 pm

I first bought a dog of Bolty in the eighties and have had several since then.I travelled from Kent to South Wales to pick one of these pups. I know how much work and research Bolty has put in to them. I've got 2 lurchers and 3 terriers that work 5 to 6 days a week as I do pest control for a living. I couldnt pass up the chance of one of these pups to add to my team as I think they will make great all rounders for any legal prey. If you look at the breeding they are going to have plenty of brain speed and stamina. Looking forward to going back to South Wales to pick up my pup.Well done mate.
  • Daniel cain likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users