• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 bolty

bolty

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:40 am

I THERE making  some  enquires  to  see  if  theres  any  german  wirehaired  pointer cross greyhound  litters  out  there  or  anybody  breeding  a  litter  or  keeping  this  cross  could  they  please  get  in  touch  has  I have  recently  lost  my  wirehaired  cross  and  would  like  to  here  off  anybody  else  who keeps  these  lurchers  thanks  for  looking BOLTY.

#2 Rabbit Hunter

Rabbit Hunter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:43 am

I seen 2 first cross GWP x lurchers from the same litter and I wouldnt rate the cross. They were both dog fighters, highly strung f*ckers. Lacked the pace for most daytime stuff also.
  • WILF likes this

#3 bolty

bolty

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:00 pm

HAD a first cross  dog  for  six years  never  caused  a  fight  ever  seen  dogs  snapping  at  him  and  just  turned  his  head  but  when  he  needed  to  he  would  do  his  job  most  bidable  dog  you  could ever  want   at  about  26 in  not  the  most  agile  dog  but  to  hunt  the  hill  and  mark  and  find  any  where  would  take  a  bit  of  beating  but  wouldnt  be  every  bodies  cup  of  tea  but  has  they  say  horses  for  courses .

• littlefish, Tiercel, trenchfoot and 4 others like this

#4 dazbrowne 13

dazbrowne 13

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:57 pm

Hi pal I have a pointer x she more smooth haired pal her brothers and sisters were more wire haired she's spot on for me a good x I think very bidable and definitely not a dog fighter

#5 dai dogs

dai dogs

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:52 pm

My Nephew got a GWP Dog hes got stamina to spare runs him 20 plus miles  regular behind a push bike 

Sorry to hear you lost your dog mate he was a nice type..

#6 peng

peng

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:38 pm

a litter in edrd... im workin away so aint got the number atb peng

#7 fourtrak73

fourtrak73

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:58 pm

Attached File  DSCF4061.JPG   220.37KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2177.JPG   182.82KB   3 downloads Alfie he is 9

• mattyg, spartacus, spindolero and 12 others like this

#8 peng

peng

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:11 pm

a litter in edrd... im workin away so aint got the number atb peng

#9 bolty

bolty

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:13 pm

My Nephew got a GWP Dog hes got stamina to spare runs him 20 plus miles  regular behind a push bike 

Sorry to hear you lost your dog mate he was a nice type..

THANKS  dai  thats  what  he lacked in  the  end  he  run  his  self  out

#10 jossa

jossa

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:10 pm

A handy cross. Seen a 3/4 grey 1/4 pointer work. Very game dog, was very steady too.
  • Marvel likes this

#11 bolty

bolty

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:25 pm

HE  WAS a  first  cross  but  you  wouldnt  think  it  at  26 to 27 realy  racey  dog  and  would  work  in  the  beating  line  or  go  on  the hill  and  cast  the  whole  mountain  looking  for  a  fox  but  when  he  sented  bambi   there  was  no  stopping  him  and  when  out  with  the  terriers  he  would  sit  and  wait  the  other  side  of  the  hedge  or  down  in  the  wood  incase  something  bolted  or  till  you  needed  him   he  will  be  hard  to  replace  .  

• coverdogs and Silversnake like this

#12 Silversnake

Silversnake

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:43 pm

Sounds like a handy dog to have out in the field. Sorry for your loss and I hope you find a good one. Atvb.
  • dazbrowne 13 likes this

#13 timmy k

timmy k

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:40 am

Tell us a bit about that dog of yours four track, this cross is something that's interesting me, I'm doing a fair bit of shooting lately so rather than get a gun dog something that could be dual purpose sounds good

#14 fourtrak73

fourtrak73

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:49 am

Tell us a bit about that dog of yours four track, this cross is something that's interesting me, I'm doing a fair bit of shooting lately so rather than get a gun dog something that could be dual purpose sounds good

Its not my dog its pointers dog off here, we use the pointers 3 or 4 times a week on my land, he has pointer x lurcher and 2 pure pointers, very versatile dogs, we can lamp with them, use them with hawks and ferrets and daytime, proper pot fillers and he is talking about breeding a litter of lurcher x pointers in the next year or two

#15 Welshmandownsouth

Welshmandownsouth

• Donator
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:42 pm

Heard you found the GWP x bitch you've been scouring the country for and she's had a litter.Really interested in one of them, give us a ring I've lost your number. Cheers mate.
  • dog45 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users