Spaniel Pups Tail

Hi Iv bought a spaniel pup and they were advertised with docked tails I put a deposit down a few weeks before picking it up after picking one out. Any i got her home and I realised the tail hasn't been docked at all. at first I thought they had just taken the end off. But I don't even think they have done that. Iv got the paperwork from the vet for the docking. My question is what would you do? And if I wanted it so King how much would it cost. I hate spaniels and terriers with long tails

• 2 years later...

There seems to be a trend currently to hardly cut anything off the pups tail. Plenty of docked tails these days still having problems because of trialers wanting flashing looking style.

I like to see a nice short dock. I'd rather the minimum was left on than the minimum taken off.

There's a difference between a working dock and a show dock , show dock a lot mores left on , thats why your better with a knowledgeable vet and taking your shotgun cert and saying there going to working homes 

I left my last cocker pups a bit longer and thought I screwed up, but me and the bloke with the father both kept one and work some rely thick bramble, and have had no probs my bitch is small but has grown in to hers.

flowers 012.JPG

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1