Brian Nuttall

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go on I'll accommodate this thread lol the ancestors of this dog go back to mr Nuttals yard best dog I've had for a long while

You sir do sound like an anti to me. Nobody asks that many questions. Gathering information is all your at. Anybody with half a brain cell wouldn't respond to your posts.

I'm not trying to offend you or Brian, it's a case of horses for courses, 12 lbs would be of no use to me or 90% of the UK's terrier men. Brian's had a massive influence on terriers, so have hundreds

Posted Images

When I eventually get to "the digging section" I'll probably find out but what would I need to go digging a good dog a spade and a tracking collar? Pretty much seems like this online on from videos I've seen

sounds like a wind up to me, nobody can be this green ??? can they ??? do not buy a terrier is my advice unless you have somebody to mentor you, even a pet bred patt can "wake up" and be lost to ground in a heartbeat, there is more to keeping terriers than having all the gear, join the fell and moorland as back up and find some decent lads to take you out, search for your nearest meeting on here, WM

As someone who hasn't been at it long I'll tell you how it worked for me like you I turned to pets4homes for my first patt fed him well gave him all his vet treatments walked him over as many earths I could find gave him shot fox tails to play with and genuinely put a post on here asking if someone would take me out one guy did and we didn't really click then another lad on here took me out and I still get out with this lad now from time to time any way back to this first dog of mine he started quite well 3 digs then he found a fox that wasn't going to let him have things his own way and he came out the earth quicker than he went in since then I've been very lucky joining the fmwtc is a good move. My advice is DON'T buy a terrier off the web as most are shite

Edited by leethedog
  • Like 3

Can't fault a black dog if there bred right. But stay away from pets 4 homes and the likes there only lads peddling dirt for big bucks. Stay on here build up trust and someone might bring you out maybe even gift you a pup. Read books and ask questions in here. But say away from pets 4 holes and done deal and the likes

• Like 4

Some of the ones on here if the were what the go on about and the do the same as you but the just slate others. They should be genuinely answering you. Just goes to show. Hope you get what you look for , atb

Cheers Pablo all the best

your welcome. Sorry I couldn't answer you better and without drifting what I mean to say .but as said above. Don't be a fool giving you're money away on dogs .you could go on forever like that with people. And the people on here who don't have pattedales but have dogs to suit you maybe or there starting off with these dogs now , ie , plumbers,lake land, Russell, border , which could be what you need. Or you could just get what you want and put the time in because any of the above will hunt if the off good stuff. But for digging you want stuff off dogs proven for that or your waisting your time and money .and not fair on the dog too .good luck
  • Like 1

When I eventually get to "the digging section" I'll probably find out but what would I need to go digging a good dog a spade and a tracking collar? Pretty much seems like this online on from videos I've seen

sounds like a wind up to me, nobody can be this green ??? can they ??? do not buy a terrier is my advice unless you have somebody to mentor you, even a pet bred patt can "wake up" and be lost to ground in a heartbeat, there is more to keeping terriers than having all the gear, join the fell and moorland as back up and find some decent lads to take you out, search for your nearest meeting on here, WM
I assure you Plucky I am as green as they get. Like I say I haven't got a dog yet have never been hunting in any form other than with .177 air rifle. I've certainly never been hunting with a dog but love to watch it hunting aswell in general bow hunting is what I started watching as I have a bow. A recuerve takedown I like to shoot that. and hogs with dog's and a spear looks like it would be good lol. As for digging I've only watched videos and read stuff and seen pics.

My uncle has a couple of guns he shoots but I've never tried.

I am interested in guns very interested I love them but never thought about actually going down that path. Although when I start driving I will join a local shooting club.

I'm just interested and keen on learning a bit more

Like to start with the digging section I've been told to find it and buy a black terrier

Diesel, sorry for thinking it was a wind up !!!, go to the Midland Gamefair Sunday,Weston Park,cannock, its terrier day and there will be some decent working dogs there amongst the show ponies, make the effort to chat to lads whose terriers you like the look of and see if they are breeding soon, you'll need a shotgun and permission to keep things strictly legal, you'll be surprised at the amount of earths,drains,patches of cover,etc, that can hold fox and you won't notice these places until you lose your terrier out walking, a decent locator collar and box will be needed, nets,couple of spades,a bar, first aid kit, good boots and kit for yourself thats waterproof,all that stuff is not cheap,join the fell and moorland and find somebody to mentor you,take you out, your local shoot is normally the best way in if you know nobody at it or find out when your local hunt is meeting and tag along looking for any terrier lads that are about, I wish you the best of luck finding somebody but most will be wary of strangers asking about digging,atb,WM

• Like 1

20 years waiting for a dog ? there is loads of terriers in the black country, and folk who work them. bilston is a place for terriers if you look for them. wolverhampton, wednesfield, cossley, tipton, birmingham etc. just ask in any pub for a pet terrier, someone will give you a bit of help........buy your dog of pets4homes lol.

• Like 1