New Season

pointer

My young pointer is unfit and fat, my hawk is still fat and fairly unresponsive and I've put a stone of blubber on over the summer due to spending most of my weekends this summer sat in a bivvy eating sweets watching the cycling on Eurosport but two kills this evening means my season has started.

1E63C394-6761-4D7D-B2A3-F5AA464E0E33.jpg

0BBCD96A-EBFF-4320-919F-2D4B135E05C7.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick mooch this afternoon with Pointer, Ste and Eddytom thoroughly enjoyed it again, six kills

It was a hard week with the wind but we managed to catch a couple of rabbits and a moorhen and then both hawks did well on Saturday out with Fourtrak and Eddytom. Yesterday I went to a wooded area and

My young pointer is unfit and fat, my hawk is still fat and fairly unresponsive and I've put a stone of blubber on over the summer due to spending most of my weekends this summer sat in a bivvy eating

Posted Images

Let mine off on Sunday she was off following the pointer was only out 20 minutes or so. The dog found she chased off up the hill wing over into bracken, bang! First chase of the season a rabbit in the bag. Reward and home.

k1_zpsrr3fkeo0.jpg

Didn't fly her Monday. Got home from work weighed her loaded up dog, bird and young ferret. Out onto hill again. Pointer marked ground bury young jill entered, showed a few times I thought wish I'd brought her mother instead. Dropped her back in then after a short wait a big buck rabbit exploded down the hill a nice long flight and a dramatic mid air bind, then a somersault and one healthy rabbit in the bag.

k2_zpswghatjk9.jpg

Not bad two trips out, two flights and two kills, well pleased!

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 3

That's a good start. Mines still heavy and lazy, probably be the weekend before she's right and hunting properly.

She'll soon get into the swing of things again. How's the young pointer coming on?

Hope you lads didn't mind me posting on your thread, with the title wasn't sure if you wanted people to post their exploits or if it was just for your own.

I don't mind at all mate post away more the merrier.

The young pointer has been a pleasure to own but I should have had her out more, she's going to have to learn on the job this season. I don't need anything fancy just an enthusiastic hunter that will hold a point until I get there. So far she hasn't gone out very far but that will be my fault and I'm pretty confident everything will work out just fine with her.

I don't mind at all mate post away more the merrier.

The young pointer has been a pleasure to own but I should have had her out more, she's going to have to learn on the job this season. I don't need anything fancy just an enthusiastic hunter that will hold a point until I get there. So far she hasn't gone out very far but that will be my fault and I'm pretty confident everything will work out just fine with her.

Cheers!

I should think she'll soon pick it up as she goes along. They are a very versatile breed and seem to naturally widen the beat when on open land and tighten it back up when on in country. I'm sure that you'll have a lot of fun with her once she tunes in to what you are doing. Its amazing how versatile they are and have a great character.

k147%202_zpsfseg5rjn.jpg

k147_zps3fzxutjo.jpg

k64%202_zps0ftrisy5.jpg

A few pics of mine from last season.

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 3