Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Clas Ohlson

I need a circular saw. It won't be put to much use, just maybe a couple of times a year, so I don't need an industrial one.

I was looking at the usual makes - Bosch, Makita, deWalt etc and stumbled on the Clas Ohlson website. They do their own brand saw for £40 with a 5 year warranty, or a Bosch for twice the price with a 2 year warranty?

With a 5 year warranty, it can't be shite, or can it? :hmm:

I need a circular saw. It won't be put to much use, just maybe a couple of times a year, so I don't need an industrial one.

I was looking at the usual makes - Bosch, Makita, deWalt etc and stumbled on the Clas Ohlson website. They do their own brand saw for £40 with a 5 year warranty, or a Bosch for twice the price with a 2 year warranty?

With a 5 year warranty, it can't be shite, or can it? :hmm:

LIDL £19.99 with a lazer cutting guide,

Laser guide eh? Now you're talking. :laugh:

You still have to follow the laser though. :laugh:

TC

• Like 1

If your hardly going to use it get a cheap one. So long as it has a blade that spins and cuts wood you'll be fine. Just make sure you have the warranty . My brothers old boss bought 2x cheap sds drills with warranty and blasted one until it stopped and sent it off with the warranty and then started using the 2nd and just repeated the process . In my opinion it's not worth buying real good tools unless you are going to have real good use out of it. My old mica router lasted me years until my boss dropped it off a roof.

• Like 1