Hi Fellas

Can you guys help me with choosing a respectable pair of NV Goggles? I have a 450 acre golf course for a permission and as you can imagine, walking around at nite is pitch black. I have a Pulsar 850 night site to fit to the gun but need something to aid walking around so head mounted is a must. My problem is the confusion between the models available and lack of non biased reviews on the web. I am only looking at gen 1 or digital due to budget but really need some guidance from real users.

Thanks for your comments guys

Hello Bagerdaddy, If I was you I would not bother I myself have never had to rely on night vision itself to walk around at night (imo you do not need it),get to know your permission and were the rabbits tend to come out from generally they tend to be opposite were there warrens are or some sort of safe refuge,use your Pulsar to scan in front of you as far as possible before walking forward that way you can get into range of them,use field craft be very quiet and do not let them get scent of you so wind direction is very important, you would be better investing in increasing your scopes capability to see further into the distance that will increase your spotting range,as I understand those head mounted goggle are very limited in range, I myself use both a Nightsite Wolf and a Pulsar Apex 75 Thermal in my option spotting distance is very important it also safes you a hell of a lot of walking about at night.

Hi and thanks for the advice. You could be right my friend as there have been a lot of views on the post and no replies. I am now thinking that everyone who viewed the post also thinks they are a wate of time but can't be asked to say so!!! So huge thanks for your views. I do indeed need a second ir illuminator as the first one fitted to the pulsar is a bit low on power and versatility. That will be my next post asking for advice. I will take a look at what you use first.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Something like a T50 with an ir pill in will increase your spotting distance,having said that i don't have any personal experience of the Pulsar 850.The nitesite Wolf I can spot up to 300mtrs + weather conditions allowing,the Pulsar Apex 75 thermal spotting distance up to one mile in all weather conditions upside to thermal is nothing can hide from it anything alive well past 500 distance you will generally see it ,downside to thermal is the cost and at 200mtrs + because of definition you need to make sure it is not the farmers beloved pet lol but with some movement in yours quarry at 200 + you soon get to know differences between foxes and cats (thermal opens up a completely different world).

have a look at a yukon exlon nite spotter, ive got one and with a t20 added its good for 250 yards

and its much easer than swinging the rifle round all nite with the 850 attached

:thumbs:

atb

Got to say badger i had a look through Davids yukon spotter and its an impressive bit of kit

and im not sure but i think you can get some sort of rig that it attaches to so you can put it on your head

its nice and light to and will fit in your pocket easy

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

here you go bud

Yukon Exelon 3x50 Night Vision Monocular Super Gen 1+ ...

have a look on here to

Nightvision & Thermal | Uttings.co.uk

and this

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Earning ton is about 20 mins from me. I am in Acocks Green so not far. I shoot down at the Solihull Pistol and Rifle club and nearly a full member. Hopefully will be putting in for my FAC in a few weeks time. I was looking at the Yukon tracker as a head set but did not really think of a monocular. That's got me thinking, especially after Macs comments ( thanks btw Mac). I guess I need to get and try some of these things out and make a decision from there. Where do you guys shoot?

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Earning ton is about 20 mins from me. I am in Acocks Green so not far. I shoot down at the Solihull Pistol and Rifle club and nearly a full member. Hopefully will be putting in for my FAC in a few weeks time. I was looking at the Yukon tracker as a head set but did not really think of a monocular. That's got me thinking, especially after Macs comments ( thanks btw Mac). I guess I need to get and try some of these things out and make a decision from there. Where do you guys shoot?

Im from the north east badger i had the pleasure of Davids company when he came to stay at mine for the week end and me and viz took him shooting on one of our perms the 3500 acre one its now 6500 acres lol

as we got the other two farms next door

I had a look through the spotter then and it is a good bit of kit

now his nv set up is another thing its out of this world very very impressive in deed (he cheats by the way as its got a built in range finder lol) :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just bare in mind with my experience of these ir monoculars the problem i found was the constant need to keep re-focusing at different distances I strapped a T67 to mine it gave me 300 mtrs detection range which was good but the refocusing problem was a pain so it sits in a draw very rarely used,imo another thing to consider is the more items you have carry around with you the more frustrating and awkward your shooting day/night becomes,travel light as possible with less items to carry and use then iv'e found my outings have become more enjoyable,best do a lot of research as ask about peoples experiences with what you are looking to buy before you buy.

Bloody hell Mac. I thought my 450 acres was big. You must need a bloomin gps for your perms. Let me know if you see Lord Lucan next time you are out lol.

Gold finger, thanks for the advice. You are correct, I have been thinning out what I carry around but I am a little on the porky side and need the exercise, mind you, there are limits lol.