Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Slippery Concrete

My lad has quite a large area of concrete right outside his door and for the most time it's fine, but when it rains it's slippery as ice. Jetwashing it solves the problem for a few weeks but it's a drag to have to keep doing it.

Is there something you can put on concrete to stop it getting slippery, like a coating or something?

Someone put something on here before for cleaning stuff like that. Think its used by farmers . Will try find it now

• Like 2

You can get it cut mate there is a machine that cuts grooves in to the concrete we used too use one on the farm too stop the cows slipping on concrete

• Like 2

Try a square meter first, but I would go with a mix of sbr liquid, Biddeford sand and cement slurry, mix it up like pi55 and pour it on and push it round with a brush, won't cost much more than £40 tops so not a great loss if it don't last but I think it will if you get the mix right

Mix a load of sealing sand ( stuff you put on after block pathing) with concreat barge floor paint mask off a pathway and slap it on.. Mite need doing once a year or two years depending on how much it gets used

• Like 1

i use deadly night shade after power washing it

Hyperclorite in a watering can..

You won't even have to pressure wash it..