Pheasant And Grouse Feathers Wanted For Projects

I make wreaths, lamp shades and Xmas baubles etc from game feathers, we have two pheasant shoots here a year but would really appreciate any more feathers that someone in the area (East Yorkshire) would save to one side for me to collect or if further afield I would happily pay postage for them.

The more the better and all the types from the downy feathers to the tail feathers are used.

I'd happily give a wreath in exchange for their trouble too.

I realise they are available to buy on eBay but they do not have the volume I need also I am mainly doing this to recycle the feathers when I realised they usually get burnt or thrown on a muck heap so to buy them would slightly be defeating the object.

Originally posted this in another section but have not had much success.

Edited by Micheala Robinson

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They look spot on lucky if we get pheasant and grouse round my way seeing the odd ones here and there but not many

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

There must be a local plucking company around your way somewhere. I'd find out and go see them. Bags and bags of free feathers...??

Made lots of phone calls hopefully have one supplier fingers crossed.

People seem dubious giving them away for some reason.

Strange. I'd imagine there just a nuisance to have around the place and get rid off. I'm sure once you've picked up the first load they will be happy to deal with you.
  • Like 1

I make wreaths, lamp shades and Xmas baubles etc from game feathers, we have two pheasant shoots here a year but would really appreciate any more feathers that someone in the area (East Yorkshire) would save to one side for me to collect or if further afield I would happily pay postage for them.

The more the better and all the types from the downy feathers to the tail feathers are used.

I realise they are available to buy on eBay but they do not have the volume I need also I am mainly doing this to recycle the feathers when I realised they usually get burnt or thrown on a muck heap so to buy them would slightly be defeating the object.

If you pm me an address I will send you a bag with some feathers, see what you can do with them.

Rob.

If you pm me an address I will send you a bag with some feathers, see what you can do with them.

Rob.

Excellent will send it now

Get in touch with Yorkshire Game, not a million miles away from you . I'd hope Ben would be willing to help as his wife does something similar.

Novice

Oh I didn't try those are they near Northallerton somewhere?

I don't mind fetching them a distance but Northallerton is a decent way from here you'd want to be going for a good quantity to make it worth while.

I believe there processing plant is on the A1 up that way. Given that they're handling many many 000's head of game, including grouse, they we have no shortage of feathers. while they may already have an outlet for their waste products it's got to be worth a call.

Novice