Whippet Greyhound

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had a few whippet greyhounds in my life time ALL had huge prey drive and fast as is expected some had shit feet some great,,,what was best about them was there temperament if brought up Right ver

If the feet are poor don,t breed from it.Id start my homework and source a litter that are suited to your hunting lifestyle.

Saluki whip grey x Wheaton whip grey

Posted Images

Could be an uneven litter height wise depending on what you use.......you must have something in mind because there is so much you could use.......and how big is the bitch?

Edited by wuyang

I've never seen a whippet/greyhound with bad feet to be honest with you. I'm talking about working dogs, don't know too much about race bred types though. Alot of whip/grey bitches are around the 22 -23" mark anyway, what size is your bitch?

hi what would you put over a whippet greyhound bitch to get better feet on them and bring to size down to about 22 inches but they much make good ferreting and lamping dogs

If the feet are poor don,t breed from it.Id start my homework and source a litter that are suited to your hunting lifestyle.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

hi what would you put over a whippet greyhound bitch to get better feet on them and bring to size down to about 22 inches but they much make good ferreting and lamping dogs

Best advice on here why start with some thing your not happy with feet are very important on a running dog
  • Like 1

We had a whip hound bitch maybe 5 year back , the best Lurcher I've ever seen, worked everything and I mean everything , she was wicked fast but got injured a lot due to bone , her feet were good but I believe Wheaton in the mix would be ideal.

Completely agree with morton above. If I had a dog with bad feet (and I do) then I wouldn't improve the next generation by mating her to a dog with better feet; I'd improve the next generation by not breeding from her because of her bad feet and look elsewhere.

• Like 1