• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no romanticism honestly there's not, there's limited documentation via books club magazines records breed archives and internet information on pure Salukis but there's a fair amount when you

If you dig about on falconry forums on net there's some diary days and pics of Sahara dogs and birds, the write ups are written by a falconer was invited along some nice pics   I will try find the

Some great days though pointer youve come along way with them Hawks n pointers dreams becoming reality and some, some pure stress days I know of ? Some well funny ones too? The diary reflects that for

I collect books mate and saluki ones I obviously have a keen interest in, gails is greatest dog reference book ever, nice chapter on uk coursing scene, boards of pictures from right back in time, it's a self published book very extravagant but a lot of lot pointless filler too pack it out

Shame Paul Sagar never wrote one about his time with the breed, he likely done more for the breed than any other single man in recent history imho

Other books just a mash of posh folk ramblings from past and over keen fur mommy type keepers how too books lmao

The saluki so simple it don't need a manual, it just needs someone who wants too work a saluki

Lot of old club magazines but they rarely surface on sale sites I guess most collections where simply discarded when owners died or they still be sat in lofts I scan regular on net too but what there but never much

Be good too see a book on hinting with Salukis but most never own one long enough too write anything of any value

• Like 1

I collect books mate and saluki ones I obviously have a keen interest in, gails is greatest dog reference book ever, nice chapter on uk coursing scene, boards of pictures from right back in time, it's a self published book very extravagant but a lot of lot pointless filler too pack it out

Shame Paul Sagar never wrote one about his time with the breed, he likely done more for the breed than any other single man in recent history imho

Other books just a mash of posh folk ramblings from past and over keen fur mommy type keepers how too books lmao

The saluki so simple it don't need a manual, it just needs someone who wants too work a saluki

Lot of old club magazines but they rarely surface on sale sites I guess most collections where simply discarded when owners died or they still be sat in lofts I scan regular on net too but what there but never much

Be good too see a book on hinting with Salukis but most never own one long enough too write anything of any value

Arctic, with your years of owning and working pures, along with a few others, Darcy etc, I know there are others, but he's the 1st one that came to mind as he's written a few books on coursing etc, could't you and them come up with some sort of joint effort as regards getting an in depth book about salukis sorted?

Yeah a joint effort would be better than filling with crap,

John Lennon is meant to be writing a book?

Yeah a joint effort would be better than filling with crap,

John Lennon is meant to be writing a book?

Yea heard john Lennon is bringing a book out on Salukis, should be good with all his years of experience with the breed

Yeah that's what I mean lads. Written by people that have proper experience on owning, conditioning and working pures. Got to be better than something written by someone that's just into the history etc of a certain breed. Although that would also be of interest too

I've only had them ten year mate am in no position to tell anyone anything at all, too me they just Lurchers that suit me and what I want in a dog

Sagar the only man who I would buy a book on saluki had one been written

Ah right lol, thought you'd had them longer than that for some reason.

But still, a joint effort by people that own and work pures would be an ineresting and viable undertaking.

A 'warts and all' type of book, not just history and romanticism.

I've never been into saluki x's or pures until recently, but they are getting my attention more and more, and I think quite a few others too. :thumbs:

• Gilbey changed the title to .