Need To Ask A Question From The Trainer's

Ok for all the dog trainers what to see how you would think is was done I was reading about the hunting ways of the Indians of the far north and one of the ways they hunted beaver was by using dogs to find their den's the way it was done was one or two dogs would run along the edge of the water being able to smell the the den though the ground and would sit when they find one moving their head to show were it was at and doing the this quite all time the question i have is how would you think you could teach one to do that the only thing I can think of is the way cop's teach a dog to do a drug search but what would you all say

Most ferreting dogs do something similar with little to no training. Just have to get the dog out there and it will soon realise you want to know if there's something at home or not.

Some dogs sit, some stand and lift a leg, others paw at the entrance, some stand with their head tilted. Etc. All different ways of a dog giving a mark.

Dogs can be so tuned into us that they just want what we want,

Thought plenty of dogs things over the years and if ya asked me now how I did it , I couldn't explain

When an animal tunes in its almost like telepathy

Aye and some dig and bite the entrance like eeeejjjiiittts lol hate that

Depends on the dog and situations surely? I've seen bushing dogs do it marking fox to ground and don't see the problem. Wouldn't want a ferreting dog doing it though myself.

Well the thing is a lot of times the den is under the water and the dog picks up from above one the bank thought the ground I was thinking maybe if I take some beaver glands like you can get from trapping surplers and put it in one of those balls like the cops do teaching a drug dog would give the dog a idea of what to look for