Why Aren't Gundog Lurchers Popular?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely don't know why gundog lurchers aren't more popular. I like collie crosses, but as lurcher work goes ( in the true sense of the word) I would think gundog breeds would be up there along si

Socks wants a gundog X whippet ?

Yes pal I read it tried to get my uncle to write in but hes not really an extrovert to be honest! But all the things Hancock said ring true to be fair this cross has been around and a few people use i

Posted Images

Each to their own pal it would be a sad world if we all had the same taste my opinion anyway :thumbs:

certainly would mate. One thing I have learnt is every dog Is different even in same litters. Any x can be something I suppose. Atb

I have 2 out the same litter one 22tts and the other one 26tts you wouldn't think they were litter mates

Ive known a few lads have the Alsation cross,and they have all sang there praises but not one of them had a second one. Ive only been out with one. We were in Scotland and out ferreting all day,it was a useful and reliable marker,but at night I noticed he tripped up quite a lot on the turns,and he finished up letting out a bark at a fox I had taken time to call in,which was a bit annoying because he was a mature dog. You can tell it was a while back because we were legally hunting fox with dogs.

Ive known a few lads have the Alsation cross,and they have all sang there praises but not one of them had a second one. Ive only been out with one. We were in Scotland and out ferreting all day,it was a useful and reliable marker,but at night I noticed he tripped up quite a lot on the turns,and he finished up letting out a bark at a fox I had taken time to call in,which was a bit annoying because he was a mature dog. You can tell it was a while back because we were legally hunting fox with dogs.

. Must say Ive had four and always tot return to them saying that this they all been tdifferent much his livestock. Getting the best from what hand ya dealt well that's what good handlers do coin the phrase dog men's and those that keep dogs similiar but entirely different. Atb bunnys.

. Must say Ive had four and always tot return to them saying that this they all been tdifferent much his livestock. Getting the best from what hand ya dealt well that's what good handlers do coin the phrase dog men's and those that keep dogs similiar but entirely different. Atb bunnys.

what way round were they bred

in the 70s early 80s i had a alsation x for 8 or 9 years,not once did i come a cross another alsation x greyhound,thats why i know your full of shit, and how the fcuk does a dog keep tripping up,

in the 70s early 80s i had a alsation x for 8 or 9 years,not once did i come a cross another alsation x greyhound,thats why i know your full of shit, and how the fcuk does a dog keep tripping up,

If you havnt seen one,then they definitly didnt exist. You never seen a a dog slip on the turns? No dont answer that. You are an idiot who tries to win arguments by being abusive and aggressive.

• Like 2

. Must say Ive had four and always tot return to them saying that this they all been tdifferent much his livestock. Getting the best from what hand ya dealt well that's what good handlers do coin the phrase dog men's and those that keep dogs similiar but entirely different. Atb bunnys

what way round were they bred

. Had them bred both ways and generation animals which my little bitch his now ,hard ta say which animal stood was best in most game etc, it his what it his and all base types are for the better with another breed added fact be bull sals all been proven fa many decades same again depends what hand yas dealt when choosing yas welp . But ta help keeping them cool sal bull and whippet types seem to add the anti freeze if one gets my drift .atb bunnys

. Seventies eighties most sights had alsation greyhounds ,usually on a chain to be honest I recall seeing my first when I was in a ford popular car owned by my late farther he was racing the dog up and down an old aero drone just fun which these were has good I got now lol but hey there we go different time different dogs .atb bunnys.

If you havnt seen one,then they definitly didnt exist. You never seen a a dog slip on the turns? No dont answer that. You are an idiot who tries to win arguments by being abusive and aggressive.

you said they were common in the 70s 80s once again your wrong, iv seen many a dog slip, you said tripped quite a lot, big difference,most things you say you change you mind on the next post,like what you were saying about pups ,how many times did you change your mind on that,theres a few that think your right , there hundreds that know your full of shit

you said they were common in the 70s 80s once again your wrong, iv seen many a dog slip, you said tripped quite a lot, big difference,most things you say you change you mind on the next post,like what you were saying about pups ,how many times did you change your mind on that,theres a few that think your right , there hundreds that know your full of shit

Dont worry about it mate,its just a bit of fun. You are right,I should of said slipped when I said tripped. btw Ive changed my mind about Alsation crosses,I think they are very good dogs. Bird off this site has a good one.

• Like 1