Why Aren't Gundog Lurchers Popular?

Like as already been said,if it was a good idea they would naturally catch on,but like the Alsation cross that was tried and faded in the 70/80s there will always be a few that want to persevere.

Leaving longdogs aside I think the tried and tested are the Collie in Border or Beardie flavour and the various terrier crosses ie Wheaton,Bull,Beddy,Irish, make the best Lurchers. The rest are a joke.

theres was never a lot of alsation xs even in the 70s they was few and far between.get your best dog and run it against birds joke , over 2 or 3 days to take away luck, and take one of your mates with you that way yowl look a bigger cnt than you already are

Kin el, you seem an awfully aggressive type of person at times! Lol. But you are right, alsation x's were never a common type

im not aggressive at all ,i don't like people who give advice when they don't know what there talking about, there is one thing iv learnt from him, i used to think he was an ass hole but he's not he's an arse hole, and il thank him for that.

Ah righto. Well personally I think jeemes talks a lot more sense than the majority of people on this site regarding running dogs. I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say, but he does make some very valid, sensible and interesting points. Anyway, take it easy fella, it's far too warm to get hot and bothered over an internet site :thumbs:

he probably does make a lot of sense about some things and i can't say one way or another because i might not know the answer so i keep me mouth shut, but if you know the answer because you've been there many times before surely you should speak your mind,

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely don't know why gundog lurchers aren't more popular. I like collie crosses, but as lurcher work goes ( in the true sense of the word) I would think gundog breeds would be up there along si

Socks wants a gundog X whippet ?

Yes pal I read it tried to get my uncle to write in but hes not really an extrovert to be honest! But all the things Hancock said ring true to be fair this cross has been around and a few people use i

Posted Images

Like as already been said,if it was a good idea they would naturally catch on,but like the Alsation cross that was tried and faded in the 70/80s there will always be a few that want to persevere.

Leaving longdogs aside I think the tried and tested are the Collie in Border or Beardie flavour and the various terrier crosses ie Wheaton,Bull,Beddy,Irish, make the best Lurchers. The rest are a joke.

theres was never a lot of alsation xs even in the 70s they was few and far between.get your best dog and run it against birds joke , over 2 or 3 days to take away luck, and take one of your mates with you that way yowl look a bigger cnt than you already are

Kin el, you seem an awfully aggressive type of person at times! Lol. But you are right, alsation x's were never a common type

im not aggressive at all ,i don't like people who give advice when they don't know what there talking about, there is one thing iv learnt from him, i used to think he was an ass hole but he's not he's an arse hole, and il thank him for that.

Ah righto. Well personally I think jeemes talks a lot more sense than the majority of people on this site regarding running dogs. I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say, but he does make some very valid, sensible and interesting points. Anyway, take it easy fella, it's far too warm to get hot and bothered over an internet site :thumbs:

he probably does make a lot of sense about some things and i can't say one way or another because i might not know the answer so i keep me mouth shut, but if you know the answer because you've been there many times before surely you should speak your mind,

I have, and I just told you as well. But I'll repeat it anyway. I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say, 'and i've told him so', but he does make some very valid, sensible and interesting points.

Right, I'm away to walk me canary :thumbs:

Good point there S2H, people not willing to take a gamble and stick to tried and tested.

If you want a gamble AP, go get a greyhound bitch and put a labrador over it, with a bit of luck with your gamble you might get 10 or so pups. good luck in finding them homes I bet you won't take the gamble again

• Like 2

I have, and I just told you as well. But I'll repeat it anyway. I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say, 'and i've told him so', but he does make some very valid, sensible and interesting points.

yes but he's still a wanker

yes but he's still a wanker

theres no need to talk about his canary like that!

• Like 1

Good point there S2H, people not willing to take a gamble and stick to tried and tested.

If you want a gamble AP, go get a greyhound bitch and put a labrador over it, with a bit of luck with your gamble you might get 10 or so pups. good luck in finding them homes I bet you won't take the gamble again

Might be worth a punt mush, wouldn't be a greyhound though more a greyhound/whippet.

Might be worth a punt mush, wouldn't be a greyhound though more a greyhound/whippet.

I reckon better off using a saluki x grey tbh
  • Like 1

How's it bred?

Don't know exactly spaniel x, saluki x

It off my pure saluki to my springer bitch, couple have turned out very handy things out the litter couple just pets

The ones that work have been made by the lads who own them, good owners make the best and these lads have certainly done great with them they suit the land they work

Think many hold back doing it cos there too much wastage per litter, they wouldn't suit a lot of lads needs but very handy tools for boys who got them

• Like 3

How's it bred?

It off my pure saluki to my springer bitch, couple have turned out very handy things out the litter couple just pets

The ones that work have been made by the lads who own them, good owners make the best and these lads have certainly done great with them they suit the land they work

Think many hold back doing it cos there too much wastage per litter, they wouldn't suit a lot of lads needs but very handy tools for boys who got them

I've said it before hell of a little bitch if I had the space I'd have one

For edible -collie x

Terrier man dog - bull x

Hunting day time hound x grey or collie/beddy type.

Ferreting whippet or whippet collie type

Coursing saluki x type

Surely with them at hand, and even being mixed together there's not much point in breeding on the off chance u might stumble on something good. That just my opinion like.

• Like 1

How's it bred?

Lovely thing ain't she, credit too the lad, she a real one off, the black dog I had back awhile now with a keeper up Northumberland he loves the dog does everything with him it's always around him, he putting him over a Lurcher bitch later this year old deerhound x Sal grey bitch handy sort in her day, I see him about a pup out it if you like this type

• Like 1

How's it bred?

Lovely thing ain't she, credit too the lad, she a real one off, the black dog I had back awhile now with a keeper up Northumberland he loves the dog does everything with him it's always around him, he putting him over a Lurcher bitch later this year old deerhound x Sal grey bitch handy sort in her day, I see him about a pup out it if you like this type

Haven't got the space pal but thanks for the offer