Woman New To Forum And Ferreting Looking For Someone To Show Me The Ropes

Hello, let me introduce myself I'm Micheala and I kept ferrets most of my life on and off but have never taken part in ferreting they have been pets only.

I have worked on a farm for a few years now and it's become apparent that rabbits are a nuisance on the land and having recently bought a new little ferret I have given controlling them by ferreting a thought.

However I have never been before and I was wondering if anyone in the area (I'm in Driffield East Yorkshire) wouldn't mind taking me under their wing and showing me the ropes as I'd find the whole thing (especially dispatching the rabbit) very daunting on my own).

I'm happy to help out where needed in return for some basic knowledge and I have my own transport.

Am I right in thinking my ferret at the moment is far too young to take part (she's about 4/ 5 months old) if so I'd still be happy to learn what I can and enjoy the day out for when the time comes.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eeerrrrr don't pm me,,,my wife is a very jelouse woman,,,,and who can blame her with eye candy like me"..lol

Is this fekin forum stuck in 1973 ??     Just wait till Sept /Oct, buy yourself 12 nets online, Plenty folk on here will sell you decent nets, Then watch a couple of youtube videos or buy a boo

A bit more info might get you better responses. Below is a list of pretty standard bits of important information I use when ever Im selecting a new ferreting partner so if you just drop an answer next

Posted Images

Yes I understand and that's a good point, I'd like to think that there are some genuine people out there that can be trusted but maybe I'm just a bit nieve?

Been looking at lots of YouTube vids but theres nothing like learning in the flesh, plus I want to make sure it's something I can do and enjoy before I go out and buy all the kit.

Ha I think I'll give that a miss @W. Katchum

Is it a seasonal sport?

Yes most folk do it seasonal when the cover is at its lowest so you can find the rabbit holes more easily No one likes killing baby rabbits but some times its a necessary to keep your permission and the land owner happy

• Like 1