Beaver Nets Anyone Know About Them

kyboy44

A guy on a another forum was telling me about beaver hunting in Sweden how dogs were used to find the den's then what he called beaver nets would be put up River and down river in case the beaver got away when the beaver was pushed out of the den I hop this would be the right spot for someone to know what they are and how they would have been made and used

• 4 weeks later...

one of my mates moved to alberta canada and does a lot of trapping up there for all kinds of critters and has tried netting slow corners or bends in the rivers were the current doesn't run as hard and has had success on the little kits but when it comes to 15lb of adult beaver storming up or down river they just destroy and make a mess of your nets.best method find where they live where they come out to munch on trees and set 30/30 conibears {or whats legal to use in your country}on the bank or just below water level depending where there runs are lay a bit of scent and bark from what trees they prefer and you should get them .hope this helps

• Like 1

you guys in the usa would have beaver dams on just about every river, i can only imagine it would be almost impossible to spook a beaver out of its 10ton wood pile home mid river with dogs wouldn't it be better to trap them or shot them out in the open water 17hmr or .22lr?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

you guys in the usa would have beaver dams on just about every river, i can only imagine it would be almost impossible to spook a beaver out of its 10ton wood pile home mid river with dogs wouldn't it be better to trap them or shot them out in the open water 17hmr or .22lr?

Most beaver in this part of the country live in bank dens. Dens usually have an underwater opening as well as 1 or two holes above water level. I always thought it would be a sight to see a terrier bolt one into an oversized purse net! :yes:

Edited by recluse