have a look on xtrail forum .

Make that the Australian forum. The fuckwits on the uk one struggle giving advice on changing a light bulb let alone fitting a lift kit.

Personally I wouldn't bother lifting one. They are not up to the amount of abuse you will throw at it when lifted. They are a soft roader. Not an off roader.

What do you's use for your off road work?

Terrano. I've had loads of them only problem is they are rot boxes.

My x trail has destroyed both front arms. Several drop links and arb bushes. Both front and rear.

A couple of track rod ends and I had to rebuild the engine a couple of month ago when it decided to throw the big end through the side of the block.

That with no ground clearance says to me they are far from bomb proof.

Can't fault it over the odd flat field and it's shifts on the road.

My x trail has destroyed both front arms. Several drop links and arb bushes. Both front and rear.

A couple of track rod ends and I had to rebuild the engine a couple of month ago when it decided to throw the big end through the side of the block.

they do shift for the size of them ?

they do shift for the size of them

With the right tyres on!! Mine came with some AT general grabbers on. Feckin lethal in the wet. If you gave it power whilst turning in the wet it just went straight forward!!

• 1 month later...

Iv'e had an X Trail since new (10yrs ago), and for me, it ain't no good off road for the simple reason the gearing is not low enough. Always slipping clutch trying to go slow enough, bought a Fourtrack off the bay 3 years ago for the farms, and it will climb walls

Changing the subject slightly, revering lights on my 55 x trail stopped working. Bulbs look ok, but not tested, will check fuse in morning, read that`s it fuse no 12?

If that is ok, then should be the reversing switch on gear box?? Has anyone changed one, is it easy, and easy to locate?