First Dig

Was out yesterday, dogs were due a look and start for the season ,still early and the not been worked from last season. Went first permission, lot of rabbit's there .dog went through a hole , don't know if bolt , it was stuck coming out. Weather was very hot.took dogs farm for rest and drink .by then it was after two o clock. I decided to try a cooler spot, permission and light evening. Went to the woods heard bark and dog was gone to ground .all heard was banging fast moving. After about twenty minutes dog had it pushed to entrance, quick shot .dead fox.I tried my other dog after time it searched found and was barking a little and little moving. It moved and was too hard find. Dog was doing it best looking. I tried first dog he went through for over half hour ,nothing. Second dog was tried after , checked about five times , nothing. I was going when it found , really fast moving. It lost dog straight away it found again , fox flew out and I missed it properly. Dog flew out gone. I thought shit it end up to the road .I walked shouting for about twenty mins. I walked in trees I got attacked and bit wasps me and dog lead .I walked back along the bank I got mark locater was made up. Dug to the dog , could only hear panting. Dog pushed in tight to a very very hard fox and great tough little terrier

• Like 13

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was out yesterday, dogs were due a look and start for the season ,still early and the not been worked from last season. Went first permission, lot of rabbit's there .dog went through a hole , don't kn

yes that's the way it goes. About ten years ago I had no decent terrier's and some who was going out with we're just conning me or didn't want me to have anything decent. Or get you to mind one and th

let the mungrel have a hold of the dead fox .deserved it

Posted Images

Yes . but won't be out trying anywhere for a few weeks or more. Dogs can heal up and give the weather and stuff a chance start. Quiet the dogs down now the were wanting. Foxes were skinny bstards . fairly tough .must be the breeding lol