Calling The Police To Let Them Know You're Lamping

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The vast majority of the permission i now have was land well known to me and a multitude of dogs beforehand,entering the land now may not hold the same sense of adventure perhaps. I no longer need to

Mate little advice. f**k revealing yourself at all to them. Under radar.   Theres enough little knobheads reavling dog lads to police. And rspca. Some post frequently on this site.   Personal pr

Just ring em, it's better that than have em turning up.

I always inform the police the day before I go out, they give you a number that way if some busybody rings them and they stop you it makes it a lot easier trust me. We've been stopped by police a few times down Lincolnshire and southport and never had a problem with the police as soon as we tell them our incident number they just tell you to carry on and have a good time.

I always inform the police the day before I go out, they give you a number that way if some busybody rings them and they stop you it makes it a lot easier trust me. We've been stopped by police a few times down Lincolnshire and southport and never had a problem with the police as soon as we tell them our incident number they just tell you to carry on and have a good time.

That in the day or at night lamping ??

If the keeper & landowner have asked you too, you'd be daft not too..

If you don't & the police come, then get in touch with them,to confirm your story..

You'll look daft and run the risk of loosing the land..

• Like 1

Iv rung the police before and informed them that I was controlling rabbits and will be using a light to see and no questions asked they where greatful and gave a reference number. This was because while there previously I was reported (daytime with an airgun) and I was stopped in a field by 2 very nice policemen who even apologised for disturbing me and went to have a word with the person who complained. I would definitely comply with their small request and look after your perm it sounds a good one!

• Like 1
Guest Snitch99

f**k. Wouldn't be ringing the poilce on no occasion personally.

Depends what type of dog you keep and what your on land for. If keeper is asking you to lamp. Get the keeper to make the call.

Surely if its keeperd they police aware of lamp as keeper be shooting?

Each to thier own. Ringing the police heads up if you rabbiting man. I wouldnt have problem

But not everyone is a rabbiting man.

And no every dog is a rabbiting dog.

And the naked eye reveals alot.

Good luck mate

• Like 2

Used to lamp around the power station the old bill would patroll with machine guns around the lanes one night in a feild I seen them approach my car on a lane shining gun torches inside when I went over the gate to see what they where up to they had the guns on me as i shocked them didn't have permission in particular feild but most around it all I said was the name of the farmer and they logged my plate for future reference but they wherent very good with the job as one night we drive through the main power station gates shooting and running the rabbits inside the vast site litterly right next door to the nuclear station with one old bill van driving past us lol didn't try it a second time tho and haven't been back for five years

• Like 1

Even tho the keepers now said don't worry about calling as I told him I wasn't 100% sure about it. I think I'm gonna start doing so, will actually just go up with the air rifle in the week (in my car so won't have my van details) an let em know I'm there an see if they play silly buggers like turning up with firearms officers to check my rifle out etc