2 Lutchers Out Same Litter

How many off you have kept 2 lurchers back out off the same litter and it's worked for you. I like to have one dog on at a time. Just wondering if it's possible to have 2 dog at same age and train them properly and work them right

tried it once,never again,managed to train them to a certain degree,but never got a true bonding with them,they both hunted as pack animals instead of solely for me,daytime they were a nightmare to work together, but lamping at night one at a time completely different dogs,they were both bitches and were bedlingtonx whippets with cloth ears.lol

I have two pups from same litter coming up a year old now and had them from being 8 weeks old. They are both trained now, retrieving, jumping, recall perfect couldn't ask for more really for their age. I found it easier while they were young pups kept each other company and didn't have the problem of a lonely pup crying in the kennel and upsetting the neighbours. When they reached around six months old I separated them into their own kennels and whilst training, so one didn't pick up any bad habits from the other and was easier for me to see what each separate pup needed working on the most as they are both totally different in character, the bitch is more headstrong than the dog and tries to push her luck every now and again where the dog likes to please and most of the time won't put a foot wrong. They are going to cover everything I need a dog to do between them one being more strong in some ways than the other and I don't favour either of them. It takes a lot of time and patience bringing two on at the same time so wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a lot of spare time to give to their dogs but for me it has been well worth all the effort have two good dogs to work now into the future hopefully for a good while to comepost-27532-0-35923600-1471016800_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

can be done and plenty do,had two bull x lurcher litter bitches many years ago,it was hard work to be honest both got plenty work but i did favour one over the other sibling rivalry was the problem i had would dam near try kill each other at times not something id ever likely try again.

• Like 1

Iv got two pups on at moment both of different litters only a about a week difference in age , over 4 months of age now had them since they was 8 weeks and 7 weeks of age , was looking for a pup and ended up with two but always said one will have to go kept them this long until they abit stronger and can keep each other company , then I will have to make a choice. only time I get they attention is when I'm one to one with them, can be hard when ur working long hours. Trouble is now everytime I mention giving a pup up my little girl who's 5 starts crying Mrs kicks off lol so the way it's looking mite have to stick with both lol

Can be done easy enough seen it loads of time seen people keep all the males back 5/6 at time.

Personal myself iam hopeing to have the pup for the next 10years + so I get one and just try to get as much into to one pup for the first 12/18 months build up a close bond plus mine live in the house so there part of everyday life, Iam more of a one dog type of man get another in when's ones getting on for 7/8 ish or depending on injury ect that way Iv not got a house full of dogs always sort of an oldie and younger one, or like at the moment just one middle aged,

What ever works for you, if you've enough time and work for two the choice is yours

• Like 1

I have a 18 week old male pup and a 12 week old female, both saluki crosses. Can't complain at all.

I'm a first time dog owner so I suppose I've been lucky. Early days though.

I've been training separately, together and with other dogs/animals around.

Stock broken, sit, down, stay, fetch (12 week girl isn't fetching yet). Won't touch their food until I tell them to.

So far so goooood.