Feeding Rabbits With Jackets On

I always gut ,skin & freeze my rabbits before feeding to dogs. How many of you feed with fur still on??? Atb

I'm the same as you mate. Always skinned and gutted before feeding to the dogs. Usually freeze them but sometimes feed them fresh. Ferrets get them whole, sometimes gutted sometimes not.

Skinned and gutted. Rabbits can look in great nick at first glance but often carry fleas. I worm and flea my dogs reg but still like to take pelts off rabbit before i feed them to the dogs

spot on, and freeze for 4 weeks to kill worms. i dont really see the point of it , there domestic dogs, not wild animals like wolf etc, that would eat any shit lol all this dogs came from wolves crap , yeh from the stone age lol. they domestic dogs not wild animals . i worm 3 times a year , and hate to see long slimy things :bad:

• Like 1

ive never fed raw rabbit i always skin them and boil them for a few minutes before feeding. i know some old boys who always fed raw with the skin on, they reckon the fur is a natural way to worm a dog as the worms get wrapped/caught up in the fur and are passed naturally

Dogs are not wolves!!!!apart from size and shape what are the difference???hardly nothing,from the time food goes in one end n out the other,dogs and wolves are nearly identical in physiology.when you cook food for dogs you can make it harder for them to digest.by the way rabbit meat fed alone is a poor source of nutrition(great as part of a varied diet).as long as you have a good worm n flea programme there nowt wrong

I always gut them in the field but never skin them tbh less messy all round in my opinion , their in the chest freezer for a few weeks then and then let them thaw and cut into two some times three and that's the terrier sorted for a couple of days, I don't feed the lurcher them never have always worried the fuckers will start eating they're catch in the field