Timber Wolf Crossed Alsatian 1950's

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they are called Czech wolfdogs. l have one, they are the result of a deliberate crossing of Carpathian wolves to GSDs in the 1950s as someone has already said. Mine is very different from any

just if this comes out bigger

My brother's got a steady line of hybrids going. Opted for a drop of Lab blood..

Posted Images

Looks some size of dog. Thanks for sharing.

How did the cross come about? Accidental or planned?

Handsome chap isn't he....unfortunately our knowledge is limited on it, my wife seems to think, her dad rescued him as a pup, many years ago, she remembers her dad talking about him, saying he had a good temperament and a nice nature, i think, in other countries (it could be Germany/Hungary) they tried a breeding program between wolves with dogs, but i don't know if it was that successful or not, i wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh tho, it would be interesting...

• Like 2

Looks some size of dog. Thanks for sharing.

How did the cross come about? Accidental or planned?

Handsome chap isn't he....unfortunately our knowledge is limited on it, my wife seems to think, her dad rescued him as a pup, many years ago, she remembers her dad talking about him, saying he had a good temperament and a nice nature, i think, in other countries (it could be Germany/Hungary) they tried a breeding program between wolves with dogs, but i don't know if it was that successful or not, i wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh tho, it would be interesting...

I would like to see one too. Yeh he's a handsome dog for sure. Would be some deterrent.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks a big strong animal! There used to be a bloke walking a huge GSD type around the place here when I was a kid, the bloke said there was meant to be wolf in it a few generations back in its line.. Was stunningly reverse marked in black and white and it's coat was thicker than a normal GSD.. Seeing this threads just reminded me of it for the first time in years!

At the Conway Valley show this year, a chap I met claimed his dog was a wolf cross.... :yes:

his name on here is bird his dogs called Buck haha

:laugh: - Nope, it wasn't Ray but the bloke swore it was a wolf hybrid. :hmm:

• 1 month later...

I think they are called Czech wolfdogs. l have one, they are the result of a deliberate crossing of Carpathian wolves to GSDs in the 1950s as someone has already said. Mine is very different from any other dog l've ever owned, in her mindset and behaviour. Looks wise she's very wolfish but german shepherd sized, temprement wise she's very friendly to me, but goes out of her way to avoid any contact with anyone else, she's good with my other dogs and she's relatively obedient.

The photo is of her sister and her mum, i will post some pics of mine later

post-103382-0-75926600-1475640985.jpg

• Like 13

I think they are called Czech wolfdogs. l have one, they are the result of a deliberate crossing of Carpathian wolves to GSDs in the 1950s as someone has already said. Mine is very different from any other dog l've ever owned, in her mindset and behaviour. Looks wise she's very wolfish but german shepherd sized, temprement wise she's very friendly to me, but goes out of her way to avoid any contact with anyone else, she's good with my other dogs and she's relatively obedient.

would definately like to see some pics !The mum and sister are very wolf like ,nice dogs!

would definately like to see some pics !The mum and sister are very wolf like ,nice dogs!

i would also like to see some pics.....nice pics of mum/sister bud...