Few Bucks

Here's a few bucks from the past week or so .....the rut seems to have slowed down a bit this past few days since the weather up here has a bit of a chill ....the butalo has been working well and have called some bucks from way out ....had a lad out for his first buck but he has not been comfortable with the shot of the sticks on 2 occasions .....I've walked away from 2 bucks that have been just 2 good to shoot ...one I brought in to about 40 yards ....now that they have sown their oats I hopefully catch up with them this week

post-88284-0-44951900-1470773230_thumb.jpeg

Bit of the Jimmy Saville about my mate ...touching the weeman

post-88284-0-63430200-1470773358_thumb.jpeg

Tried for a lowland summer Mcnab last week roe,salmon and a pigeon ....I have probably done this a few times but it's the first time I have intentionely went out to do it had my buck before 5am ,and was on the river 20 mins later shot the pigeon while fishing but the salmon eluded me that day

post-88284-0-65094500-1470773324_thumb.jpeg

Was out this morning checking my fox snares and spotted this lad heading up the tram line of a wheat field called him in and he came bounding towards me but couldn't get him to stop before he winded me ....he took of up the field and had a long shot of the sticks ....not a shot I would normally take but was very steady on the sticks and very little wind and had dogs in the back so felt confident to take it

• Like 3

Had the young lad out last night as he still hasn't shot his first buck ....got him into one that only its head was showing above some rape but he was just too short in the Arse to see it

His time will come got a good pic of him

post-88284-0-12546400-1470774368_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6